Watching a YouTube video typically requires an Internet connection, but with a little preparation the videos can be saved for later offline viewing.
Like many Windows 8 users, I spend most of my time using Desktop mode, which affords me a more Windows 7-like experience.
Analog movies can be the easiest--or the hardest--medium to digitize, depending on the format you're working with. While older camcorder and video formats such as 8mm and Hi8 or VHS and Betamax tapes are easy to transfer, digitizing film can be diffi...
As I wrote the other day, it's a pretty simple matter to add a second monitor to your PC. But what about a third? That might require a little more doing.
Google Docs is becoming a more robust cloud-based productivity suite, and the addition of uploading, storing and viewing videos is a boon for sharing corporate presentations and the like. It's also a slick way to skirt your company's firewall on stre...
A reader Maina wants to know how to connect a second (and possibly even third) monitor to his PC. He wants one for documents, another for his Web browser or music software, and so on.
Suppose you downloaded a video from BitTorrent (it's okay, I won't tell), and you want to watch that video on your iPod, Android smartphone, or even just your laptop. Depending on the format that was used to create the video (I'm looking at you, MKV)...
Now that YouTube officially supports 15-minute videos, Andy Warhol's dictum that we'd all be famous for 15 minutes has proven more than a little prescient. Viral video is nothing to scoff at. There's more than just page-view bragging rights at stake-...
In response to some recent posts about YouTube, reader Miles wrote me to ask about YouTube "buffeting" (I think he means buffering, unless YouTube has started generating strong winds in his area).
One thing I really don't like about YouTube is those "related video" suggestions that immediately pop up at the end of each clip.
Ever wish you could watch that piano-playing cat at 35,000 feet? Alas, YouTube requires a live Internet connection, and Wi-Fi is still pretty hard to find in the friendly skies.
Yesterday we talked about customizing your YouTube homepage settings -- and protecting your privacy while you're at it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA