Handbrake 1.0 recently became official, but there's an additional software installation you need to perform in macOS Sierra.
Watching a YouTube video typically requires an Internet connection, but with a little preparation the videos can be saved for later offline viewing.
Like many Windows 8 users, I spend most of my time using Desktop mode, which affords me a more Windows 7-like experience.
Analog movies can be the easiest--or the hardest--medium to digitize, depending on the format you're working with. While older camcorder and video formats such as 8mm and Hi8 or VHS and Betamax tapes are easy to transfer, digitizing film can be diffi...
As I wrote the other day, it's a pretty simple matter to add a second monitor to your PC. But what about a third? That might require a little more doing.
Google Docs is becoming a more robust cloud-based productivity suite, and the addition of uploading, storing and viewing videos is a boon for sharing corporate presentations and the like. It's also a slick way to skirt your company's firewall on stre...
A reader Maina wants to know how to connect a second (and possibly even third) monitor to his PC. He wants one for documents, another for his Web browser or music software, and so on.
Suppose you downloaded a video from BitTorrent (it's okay, I won't tell), and you want to watch that video on your iPod, Android smartphone, or even just your laptop. Depending on the format that was used to create the video (I'm looking at you, MKV)...
Now that YouTube officially supports 15-minute videos, Andy Warhol's dictum that we'd all be famous for 15 minutes has proven more than a little prescient. Viral video is nothing to scoff at. There's more than just page-view bragging rights at stake-...
In response to some recent posts about YouTube, reader Miles wrote me to ask about YouTube "buffeting" (I think he means buffering, unless YouTube has started generating strong winds in his area).
One thing I really don't like about YouTube is those "related video" suggestions that immediately pop up at the end of each clip.
Ever wish you could watch that piano-playing cat at 35,000 feet? Alas, YouTube requires a live Internet connection, and Wi-Fi is still pretty hard to find in the friendly skies.
Yesterday we talked about customizing your YouTube homepage settings -- and protecting your privacy while you're at it.
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- StarCraft Remastered updates a legend with 4K widescreen support, updated audio, and more
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!QLD
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCApplication PackagerNSW
- FTProduct Manager / Business Analyst Clinical Solutions (Lorenzo)QLD
- FTWeb DeveloperVIC
- FTServer Engineer l Windows l VMWare l Active DirectoryNSW
- TPGIS Officer | Map InfoQLD
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- CCIT Business Analyst - UX DesignNSW
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- TPAnalyst Programmer (.Net)SA
- TPSystems ManagerQLD
- CCOrganisational Change Analyst - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTLead Change Manager- Culture & Process ChangeNSW
- CCProduct Design AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTWorkforce AnalystNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistSA