A partnership between Microsoft and Violin Memory will let enterprises tightly tie a new all-flash storage array to their servers, speeding up popular Microsoft applications.
Violin Memory has named Kevin A. DeNuccio as CEO after a seven-week search to replace Donald Basile, who was fired in mid-December.
Flash storage specialist Violin Memory has lost another senior executive: COO Dixon R. Doll Jr. has resigned.
Several recent IPOs and eBay's US$800 million cash offer for payments startup BrainTree this week highlight what looks like a burgeoning market for tech initial public offerings and mergers and acquisitions.
Shares of solid-state storage vendor Violin Memory plunged more than 17 percent on the company's first day of trading, but analysts said the market for flash storage remains hot.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 2 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- EU tells Google to make more concessions or face charges in antitrust dispute
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Note Edge and Gear VR on sale from November
- Optus launches carrier aggregated LTE on 2300MHz spectrum
- Broken iPhone 6 screens, faulty batteries an easier fix
- Lyft acquires ride-sharing startup Hitch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.