With an eye on the small and medium-sized business market, IBM is working through resellers to roll out a VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure) package that costs US$150 per user annually.
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
The utopian vision of a fluid and easily managed desktop infrastructure has floated around IT since the dawn of the desktop era. There have been many attempts at corralling the desktop hydra, but none have provided a universal solution. Microsoft Ter...
Organizations hoping to streamline their deployments of Linux got two new options this week for running the open source OS remotely.
Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) may be the most flexible way to deploy remote desktops, but traditional terminal servers win on cost, a remote desktop specialist asserted in a talk at Microsoft's Tech Ed conference this week in New Orleans.
Stressing desktop virtualization as a cost-saver for smaller enterprises, Kaviza is partnering with Citrix to boost Kaviza's VDI-in-a-box (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) technology.
Desktop virtualization has a predicted growth curve that leaves much of the PC and IT services industries smiling: Yet none of the technologies or service providers promising to offer hosted virtual desktops are ready to step into key roles in enterp...
Most <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/010710-cios-tweet.html">CIOs</a> have started considering virtual desktop infrastructure and other types of <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/021909-desktop-virtualization-faq.html">des...
Whitepapers about Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
This whitepaper discusses how organisations can use VDI to reduce costs and complexity, increase security and provide a consistent user experience when managing their growing number of end user devices. • Data security and availability take on new dimensions with so many out-of-office devices. • User experiences can be managed through the deployment of uniform high performance architecture. • Purpose-built solutions simplify purchase, streamline provisioning, and lower deployment risk.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160815/P/742Asia
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Citrix & VMWareNSW
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC