With an eye on the small and medium-sized business market, IBM is working through resellers to roll out a VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure) package that costs US$150 per user annually.
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
The utopian vision of a fluid and easily managed desktop infrastructure has floated around IT since the dawn of the desktop era. There have been many attempts at corralling the desktop hydra, but none have provided a universal solution. Microsoft Ter...
Organizations hoping to streamline their deployments of Linux got two new options this week for running the open source OS remotely.
Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) may be the most flexible way to deploy remote desktops, but traditional terminal servers win on cost, a remote desktop specialist asserted in a talk at Microsoft's Tech Ed conference this week in New Orleans.
Stressing desktop virtualization as a cost-saver for smaller enterprises, Kaviza is partnering with Citrix to boost Kaviza's VDI-in-a-box (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) technology.
Desktop virtualization has a predicted growth curve that leaves much of the PC and IT services industries smiling: Yet none of the technologies or service providers promising to offer hosted virtual desktops are ready to step into key roles in enterp...
Most <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/010710-cios-tweet.html">CIOs</a> have started considering virtual desktop infrastructure and other types of <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/021909-desktop-virtualization-faq.html">des...
Whitepapers about Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
This whitepaper discusses how organisations can use VDI to reduce costs and complexity, increase security and provide a consistent user experience when managing their growing number of end user devices. • Data security and availability take on new dimensions with so many out-of-office devices. • User experiences can be managed through the deployment of uniform high performance architecture. • Purpose-built solutions simplify purchase, streamline provisioning, and lower deployment risk.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Dropbox data breach is a warning to update passwords
- Panasonic's new 4K camcorder does better in low light
- Lenovo adds Google Daydream products to its roadmap
- Lenovo will ditch hard keyboards in planned Chromebook and 2-in-1s
- Windows 10's new beta lets computers download updates from other PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - Cloud computingAsia
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCSnr Business Analyst - MulticloudVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW