Each year, the editors and reviewers of the InfoWorld Test Center gather to look over the list of products that earned the highest marks in stand-alone reviews or came in first in multiproduct shoot-outs. We then determine which ones were particularl...
As we close out 2010 and welcome 2011 it is clear we're at an interesting juncture in IT, with new opportunities stretching out before us. The key will be what we make of the opportunities and how we position our efforts to capitalize on them.
Rackspace Hosting has bought cloud management company, Cloudkick to bring new dashboard service to its customers. Its new purchase offers what Rackspace calls a cockpit for managing complex environments and the company hopes that the Cloudkick, which...
A new survey indicates that the biggest issue for virtualization deployment is insufficient memory installed in servers and not, as is commonly believed, CPU performance.
Amazon Web Services has announced a new feature called VM Import, which allows IT departments to move virtual machine images from their internal data centers to the cloud.
VMware customers run an average of 12.5 virtual machines on each physical server, but high levels of consolidation are driven in large part by proliferation of multi-core servers, and memory limitations may be preventing further progress.
CloudSwitch has updated its Enterprise software. The company launched the initial version of CloudSwitch Enterprise six months ago and the company has quickly brought out an ungraded version.
Hewlett-Packard has introduced a new level of service for customers running critical business applications on virtualized, x86-based hardware, the company announced Tuesday.
Companies instigating major virtualisation projects are struggling to cope with security. According to new research, nearly three-quarters of all organisations are concerned hypervisor privileges could lead to abuse, while nearly four out of ten orga...
A new report has added further to the debate as to whether cloud computing is a greener approach to running data centres. A survey by Pike Research has indicated that the energy savings of cloud computing are "substantial".
The agreement announced this week by VMware and LG electronics will act a proof of concept of VMware's virtualization technology on mobile devices, but may not do either VMware or LG much good otherwise, analysts say.
The industry reached a "virtual" tipping point in 2009 when, according to IDC, the number of newly installed virtual machines surpassed the number of newly installed physical servers. This inflection point is having a profound impact on how we manage...
VMware is teaming with LG to sell Android smartphones that are virtualized, allowing a single phone to run two operating systems, one for business use and one for personal use.
If you carry one cell phone for work and another for personal use, you'll be pleased to hear that LG will soon release a phone capable of securely switching between home and work identities, and in a way your IT manager will approve of.
Juniper Networks Monday announced it has acquired Altor Networks, a provider of virtualization security for data centers, for $95 million.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW