British businesses are deeply sceptical about the need to adopt cloud computing technology even though nearly seven in 10 companies thought that it was going to be an important technology strand in the future.
Microsoft is continuing its Windows 7 marketing push with a recommendation that all customers examine desktop virtualization before moving users to the new operating system.
SAP is working with NEC to make portions of SAP's enterprise resource planning applications available via NEC's cloud infrastructure, the two companies announced on Wednesday.
Scottish-based hosting company Iomart has snapped up rival hosting company Titan in a move designed to bolster its expertise in the virtualisation space.
Microsoft is looking to make it easier to move existing Windows Server applications to the company's Windows Azure cloud platform via virtual machine technology.
Microsoft bolstered Windows Azure with several new capabilities today, including the ability to run Windows Server instances on Azure, theoretically making applications portable between the data center and Microsoft cloud platform.
VMware wants people to be able to access enterprise applications with the same ease and flexibility they enjoy from Facebook and Gmail. That is, on any device, without a thought about where the service originated.
The next generation of IT vendors has arrived on the scene. Driven by a tentative economic recovery that is seeing venture capitalists release a few more dollars to tech startups, and a need to create tools for the world of cloud computing and virtua...
The notion that distance doesn't matter when it comes to cloud computing is a misguided one according to new research from Forrester. Ignoring geographic issues may be "perilous" for corporate customers warned the company in a new report, Infrastruct...
The forward march of virtualisation seems to have been unstoppable but new research appears to suggest that take-up could be slowing down.
"Virtualisation is not inherently insecure. However, most virtualised workloads are being deployed insecurely."
As the global economy is recovers, pent-up business demand for new apps and market initiatives is driving server investments. Forrester finds that 25 per cent of organizations expect server spend to grow by five per cent to 10 per cent, and six per c...
Last week it was Colt announcing its cloud service, a little further down the scale, Atlanta has also announced its own virtualisation strategy, tying together products from a range of vendors.
SuccessFactors has introduced software that it claimed will enable organisations perform on-the-fly business calculations in the cloud.
Continuing to ride a wave of enterprise server virtualization, VMware on Monday reported a 46 percent increase in revenue for the third quarter, or US$714 million, up from $456 million in the same quarter a year earlier.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- Cyberspies stole secrets from industrial giant ThyssenKrupp
- OpenVPN will be audited for security flaws
- AMD strengthens gaming and VR on Linux with graphics improvements
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Test Manager - Defence ProjectVIC
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Java Developer | WebNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystSA
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- FTInfrastructure Team LeadVIC
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCTechnical Security LeadVIC
- FTSolution Architect - PHPACT
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FTUX ResearcherVIC