European cloud users see email as the first technology to be ported to the cloud, in stark contrast to North Americans who see software testing as the main reason to go down the cloud route. Furthermore, European companies are giving a massive thumbs...
Windows 7 has been a homerun for Microsoft -- becoming the fastest selling operating system of all time. But, there are still many organizations that can't seem to make the switch from Windows XP due to reliance on legacy applications that aren't com...
Vmware is set to address the problem that many SMEs find when it come to using cloud services - the lack of expertise in-house. At its VMworld Europe conference, the company is releasing the beta of a service called Go Pro, which will enable customer...
The future for IT lies in automating as much as possible of the infrastructure, allowing users to self-provision applications, all in a mixture of virtualized private and public clouds, according to VMware's CEO Paul Maritz.
VMware has demonstrated a new client application for its vCenter management tools that runs on the Apple iPad.
Dutch virtualisation management company RES Software is to offer its VDX (virtual desktop extender) as a standalone tool.
Citrix Systems' XenClient, its bare-metal hypervisor for desktop virtualization, is a work in progress and will primarily help IT professionals get comfortable with the product, according to company officials.
Banking giant Credit Suisse has found a way to stem its seemingly ever-growing need for electricity, through the use of virtualization.
Rivals Citrix and VMware have taken their battle beyond technology development, even beyond marketing. Now they're working on the imaginations and psychology of potential customers and, to a certain extent, rewriting history.
Citrix has announced a new version of Citrix XenServer claiming to have introduced new functionality to improve storage as companies roll out desktop virtualisation and ability to support cloud services.
McAfee has developed an antivirus product or virtulised environments. The company has partnered with Citrix to provide a means of protecting virtual machines in the same way that it can handle physical ones.
Citrix Systems is preparing a new version of its Receiver client for Apple iPads running iOS 4.2, the company said on Wednesday at its Synergy user conference.
LAS VEGAS -- Vendors are increasingly trying to sell users on the idea that they need to stick RFID tags on IT equipment to keep track of it. Users are interested in this technology because they would much rather automate inventory tracking then go s...
By making the new version of XenDesktop easier to manage, Citrix Systems is hoping to convince more companies to virtualize their desktops, the company said on Wednesday at its Synergy user conference.
Cisco Tuesday unveiled new additions to its mobility product lines, including an entry-level 802.11n Wi-Fi access point, a mobile VPN client, and the first step toward extending virtual desktop environments to mobile devices in the field.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC