The Xen Project has revealed the details of a serious vulnerability in the Xen hypervisor that could put the security of many virtualized servers at risk.
The Windows 9 leaks just keep on coming. This week, a barrage of screenshots and a video of the reborn Start menu were both revealed, and Friday, WinFuture posted a video showing off a newfangled virtual desktop feature currently being tested in Wind...
VMware has assembled a package that combines its desktop virtualisation software with its tools for managing mobile devices, giving administrators a unified suite to manage all of their end-users' application requirements.
"Brave" is the current watchword for virtualization software giant VMware.
Chasing the successful hosting model of GitHub, Linux distributor CoreOS has set up an online repository where organizations can store and share their Docker containers.
Amazon Web Services now lets enterprises use two-factor authentication to better protect hosted WorkSpaces virtual desktops.
The latest release of Oracle's software for managing virtual machines offers the same set of features to Sparc users as to those who manage virtual machines on x86 servers.
VMware is for the first time inviting anyone to beta test the next version of vSphere, the company's virtualization platform.
As if tracking down bugs in a complex application isn't difficult enough, programmers now must worry about a newly emerging and potentially dangerous trap, one in which a program compiler simply eliminates chunks of code it doesn't understand, often ...
Docker 1.0 has officially arrived, giving organizations a proper chance to use the emerging cloud technology to create and run applications with even more agility.
Google is throwing its weight behind containers, an increasingly popular virtualization technology that can ease the process of spinning up applications in the cloud.
Joining Red Hat, Oracle, Canonical and others, Hewlett-Packard is releasing its own distribution of the OpenStack cloud hosting software.
Citrix Systems wants to manage desktops and mobile devices with the latest version of XenMobile, and is also working on making it easier for XenApp users to upgrade.
VMware is leaning on AirWatch to let users access files from one place using virtual and physical clients and let admins manage desktops in the same way they handle mobile devices.
EMC will give users a peek at its progress toward software-defined storage next week at EMC World in Las Vegas, demonstrating a virtualized VNX array developed under a program called Project Liberty.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Physical RAM attack can root Android and possibly other devices
- Chinese firm recalls camera products linked to massive DDOS attack
- Not robocop, but robojudge? AI learns to rule in human rights cases
- French surveillance law is unconstitutional after all, highest court says
- WikiLeaks says it doesn’t collaborate with states
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCSAP ERP ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCField EngineerVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW