Global credit card company, Visa, is staging a competition for Australian and New Zealand for startups that can develop innovative applications using Visa APIs “to solve business challenges and bring new ideas to payments.”
Optus has launched its new mobile payment facility, Cash by Optus, whereby customers with compatible smartphones can make contactless purchases under $100.
In just under six months, a behind-the-scenes switch in the payments industry will change the way U.S. consumers shop and could bring wider acceptance for Apple Pay and its competitors.
Hewlett-Packard lowers outlook as struggles continue ... Visa tech could prep Europe for Apple Pay ... Gemalto says encryption keys are safe ... and more tech news
Visa Europe is rolling out the security technology that Apple Pay uses to process payments, raising the question of whether the Apple mobile payment system will cross the pond in the coming months.
Chip-and-PIN payment cards have a strong supporter in the hotbed of payment technologies, with San Francisco's district attorney promoting the new technology as a way to cut down on fraud.
Visa's contactless payment cards will approve very large transactions in currencies other than the British pound due to a flaw in a protocol, U.K. researchers contend.
It's been around only a week, but Apple Pay is already making waves in the mobile payments field. On Monday, major drugstore chain CVS joined rival Rite Aid in disabling the NFC (near-field communication) payment function on in-store terminals.
The launch this week of Apple Pay is giving many people their first taste of NFC payment technology, which allows them to buy things in a store by bringing an iPhone 6 close to a compatible terminal.
The launch of Apple Pay on Monday has brought considerable publicity to a technology that's already embedded in millions of Android smartphones yet has so far failed to take off.
A leader of the LulzSec hacking group is walking free after serving about seven months in prison because of his cooperation with police that has helped prevent hundreds of other attacks.
National security may be at stake as private businesses try to manage a growing number of cyberthreats, but IT professionals shouldn't have to bear that burden alone.
The CEO of retailer Target revealed Saturday in an interview that the company's point-of-sale (PoS) systems were infected with malware, confirming what security experts suspected since the massive data breach was announced in mid-December.
A branch of the NSA has been collecting global financial data, including credit card transactions and data from SWIFT, which runs an international bank messaging system, according to a report Sunday from Der Spiegel.
While mobile payments transform financial life in many less developed countries, retailers and payment providers in the U.S. and Europe are still trying to find the right incentives to drive adoption.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FBI reports more attempts to hack voter registration system
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review: HD video and stereo sound add polish to video calls
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- A new Microsoft tool shows how Win 10 might affect devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW