Square, a mobile credit card processing startup, received an undisclosed strategic investment from Visa, the world's largest credit card company. The investment is strategic because Square probably doesn't need the cash. The company was started in 20...
Amazon.com announced a new Kindle with Special Offers for $US114, priced $US25 less than the bestselling $139 Kindle but still above the magic $100 pricetag that analysts say will make the e-reader affordable to most consumers.
Security experts today warned users to be on the watch for targeted email attacks after a breach at a major marketing firm that may have put millions of addresses in the hands of hackers and scammers.
Samsung and Visa will roll out a mobile payments program in London in time for the Olympic Games next year, they said Thursday.
American Express Monday unveiled a digital payment and commerce service that lets iPhone and Android devices be used for person-to-person online payments.
Visa announced on Wednesday it is planning a new service that will let U.S. customers send money directly to one another, presenting new competition to PayPal.
U.S senators will introduce legislation this year targeting websites that traffic in digital piracy or counterfeited goods, said the primary sponsor of a controversial bill proposed in 2010 that would give government agencies more authority to shut d...
Visa is targeting better fraud detection, through investments in modelling software.
More than a third of all malware that has ever existed was created by criminal gangs in 2010 alone according to the latest PandaLabs Annual Report.
The UK's national security advisor has warned that government websites used to upload tax returns or claims benefits are at risk of attack from hackers who support <a href="http://wikileaks.org">WikiLeaks</a>.
The activists behind Operation Payback have come up with a new way to annoy corporations that have severed their ties with WikiLeaks: bombard them with faxes.
Takedown attempts against WikiLeaks undermine what the Internet stands for, and those responsible should be tracked down and prosecuted, says the Internet Society, a non-profit group dedicated to the open use of the Internet.
Anonymous, a loosely affiliated group of Internet vigilantes that has claimed responsibility for a series of Internet attacks against organizations perceived as hostile to WikiLeaks, today sought to cast itself as more focused on symbolic protest tha...
As the distributed denial-of-service attacks spawned by this week's WikiLeaks events continue, network operators are discussing what progress, if any, has been made over the past decade to detect and thwart DoS attacks.
PayPal's website was hit late Wednesday by two botnets as online activists continued their Web attacks on companies that have severed their relationships with WikiLeaks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
- Ex-NSA contractor hoarded two decades' worth of secrets
- Cloud growth continues to be the name of the game for Microsoft
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC