Salesforce.com is betting that a push into industry-specific versions of its cloud-based software can help it maintain its breakneck pace of growth, and even usurp SAP as the industry's largest enterprise application vendor.
Steven VanRoekel, formerly managing director at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, will succeed Vivek Kundra as the Chief Information Officer (CIO) of the U.S. federal government, The New York Times reports.
Even though the U.S. White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has pushed government agencies to reduce the number of data centers they operate, a new survey has found that most agencies aren't tracking how close to capacity their data center...
The U.S. government needs to provide more transparency about its IT projects, and agency CIOs must be held accountable for failed projects, a U.S. senator said.
Two former employees of the District of Columbia's Office of Chief Technology Officer have been sentenced to prison terms for their roles in a kickback scheme they participated in there, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- South Dakota law will be a test case for a US Internet sales tax
- Quantum computers pose a huge threat to security, and the NIST wants your help
- EMC's latest VCE nodes aim to make clouds easy
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW