It's a good bet you don't know how much your company is spending on all those bring-your-own-device smartphones and tablets. Even worse, it's probably too much, says a mobility management expert.
Virtualizing x86 infrastructure isn't just a one-step process -- as servers change, the whole data center must change as well. While server hypervisors such as VMware's ESX, Microsoft's Hyper-V and Xen can make IT more efficient and cost-effective, m...
Desktop virtualization has a predicted growth curve that leaves much of the PC and IT services industries smiling: Yet none of the technologies or service providers promising to offer hosted virtual desktops are ready to step into key roles in enterp...
Most <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/010710-cios-tweet.html">CIOs</a> have started considering virtual desktop infrastructure and other types of <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/021909-desktop-virtualization-faq.html">des...
The Worldskills Australia regional competition in PC and Network Support took place at the Mount Druitt College, TAFE NSW Western Sydney Institute, last week.
Network thoroughbred Cisco jumps into the blade server market. Server stallion HP adds security blades to its ProCurve switches. IBM teams up with Brocade. Oracle buys Sun. And everybody courts that prize filly VMware.
For all the hype about cloud computing in the enterprise—hype that Gartner believes is now nearing its peak—IT professionals continue to tell cloud-related vendors that the cloud will not be practical until several serious concerns are addressed. VMw...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCTechnical OfficerACT