Novell has long since lost its position as a dominant vendor in the operating system market, but the vendor's long, slow decline didn't change the fact that Novell still has some valuable technologies.
Compellent Technologies today announced the availability of the latest version of its storage area network (SAN) technology, Storage Center 5.4 SAN, which incorporates several hardware upgrades as well as adding storage virtualization.
Cisco today announced two new virtual desktop devices, more efficient virtualization software and more affordable videoconferencing endpoints, building on its line of video collaboration tools and capabilities for companies.
A group of cloud providers blamed traditional hardware and software companies for their role in discouraging cloud adoption, pointing fingers at Oracle's Mark Hurd, who spoke earlier here.
Oracle has reportedly changed its position on support for its RAC (Real Application Clusters) software running in VMware virtualized environments, saying it will provide it under certain circumstances.
Microsoft is bolstering its cloud presence with its Office 365 cloud application suite and believes it has more to offer enterprises than Google has with its own online applications, a Microsoft executive said on Thursday.
VMware wants people to be able to access enterprise applications with the same ease and flexibility they enjoy from Facebook and Gmail. That is, on any device, without a thought about where the service originated.
"Virtualisation is not inherently insecure. However, most virtualised workloads are being deployed insecurely."
Oracle may own the Java trademark, but VMware is touting its own Spring framework as the best programming model for enterprise Java developers.
Last week it was Colt announcing its cloud service, a little further down the scale, Atlanta has also announced its own virtualisation strategy, tying together products from a range of vendors.
VMware plans to offer a hosted development environment that should ease the deployment of applications to cloud environments, the company announced Tuesday.
Continuing to ride a wave of enterprise server virtualization, VMware on Monday reported a 46 percent increase in revenue for the third quarter, or US$714 million, up from $456 million in the same quarter a year earlier.
VMware is working on products that will give enterprises more control over Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications, including how users are authenticated, company CTO Steve Herrod, said in an interview on Tuesday.
Vmware is set to address the problem that many SMEs find when it come to using cloud services - the lack of expertise in-house. At its VMworld Europe conference, the company is releasing the beta of a service called Go Pro, which will enable customer...
The future for IT lies in automating as much as possible of the infrastructure, allowing users to self-provision applications, all in a mixture of virtualized private and public clouds, according to VMware's CEO Paul Maritz.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft appears to be building a business app marketplace
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW