The Linux KVM hypervisor is gaining steam in the cloud computing market, with two major vendors using the virtualization software to create cloud platforms to compete against Amazon's popular EC2 service.
VMware's revenue jumped 35 percent in the first quarter, the company said Tuesday, another sign that businesses are opening their wallets again for enterprise IT purchases.
A senior VMware executive offered several broad hints about the nature of the company's upcoming partnership announcement with Salesforce.com, but stopped short of revealing exactly what the companies have planned.
Salesforce.com and VMware are forging a high-profile partnership, according to a Web site announcing an April 27 event being held by the companies.
The growing maturity of virtual desktop technologies and customer interest in Windows 7 has virtual desktop infrastructure vendors expecting big adoption numbers in 2010. But while most CIOs are at least thinking about desktop virtualization, this y...
Leading virtualization software vendors Citrix Systems and VMware are both running behind in plans to ship so-called bare-metal hypervisors for desktop PCs.
VMware has upgraded its ThinApp application virtualisation software in order to incorporate support for Microsoft Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2, according to a company blog. ThinApp 4.5, which VMware is calling the most significant application virtual...
Having a fling has suddenly taken on a new meaning: VMware is positively encouraging its engineers to have as many as possible
EMC's RSA division is embracing the virtualization trend that its VMware spinoff helped kick off, announcing Thursday that three of its core security products will work in VMware virtualized environments.
EMC, Intel and VMware are joining forces to improve security and regulatory compliance in cloud computing with a proof of concept to be demonstrated at this week's RSA Conference in San Francisco.
With 170,000 customers, including every member of the Fortune 100, you might think VMware's toughest task is stocking enough paper to print up new customer contracts.
Virtualization software company VMware will be taking over a line of data-center management software from parent company EMC, the companies announced Thursday.
VMware has acquired three management tools from RTO Software, and will integrate them into its products for desktop and application virtualization, the company said in a blog posting on Tuesday.
Cisco and several other investors have given $10.5 million to HyTrust, a start-up that is tackling some of the thornier security problems posed by the growing popularity of VMware's virtualization platform.
CA on Wednesday announced it had entered into a definitive agreement to acquire for an undisclosed sum a company called 3Tera, a move that industry watchers say will equip the management software maker with tools to offer customers a smoother transit...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW