VMware has jumped into the hot NFV market with a platform that lets service providers run their network functions as virtualized applications from different vendors.
China suspected in Anthem breach ... NSA used data stolen by hackers ... IBM gives more Watson power to app devs ... and more news
U.S. President Barack Obama has announced his intention to appoint VMware executive Tony Scott as federal CIO.
Converged infrastructure equipment is designed for ease of use, and EMC's latest product emulates the easiest tech toys around by including an app store.
EMC has continued its push into hybrid Clouds, buying three startups and introducing a package of hardware, software and services for getting a Cloud up and running.
VMware is offering a new product, Horizon Flex, that lets IT departments run containerised and secured virtual desktops locally on PC or Mac laptops and desktops.
VCE is expanding its line of all-in-one cloud systems, adding one with all-flash storage and offering more options for enterprises that want an easier path to the cloud.
VMware has upgraded desktop management tool Mirage with bandwidth control features and also published APIs to allow sharing of the data it collects.
VMware and Cisco Systems have released security fixes for serious vulnerabilities in networking virtualisation and server software typically used in datacentres.
VMware has updated third-party libraries and components used by its vSphere server virtualization platform to integrate security patches released in recent months.
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's designed for cloud computing.
VMware has assembled a package that combines its desktop virtualisation software with its tools for managing mobile devices, giving administrators a unified suite to manage all of their end-users' application requirements.
"Brave" is the current watchword for virtualization software giant VMware.
VMware wants to bring enterprise-class reliability to OpenStack by releasing a distribution of cloud hosting software that runs on top of the virtualization stack.
Extending its desktop virtualization stack, VMware has acquired CloudVolumes, a 3-year-old startup that developed software for delivering virtualized applications on the fly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- DARPA sees IoT and AI as weapons to dominate wars
- BitTorrent client is found distributing Mac-based malware
- Get started in data science: 5 steps you can take online for free
- Okta partners with Google to secure cloud identities
- Attackers deploy rogue proxies on computers to hijack HTTPS traffic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCDeployment CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/P/743Asia
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia