VMware has jumped into the hot NFV market with a platform that lets service providers run their network functions as virtualized applications from different vendors.
China suspected in Anthem breach ... NSA used data stolen by hackers ... IBM gives more Watson power to app devs ... and more news
U.S. President Barack Obama has announced his intention to appoint VMware executive Tony Scott as federal CIO.
Converged infrastructure equipment is designed for ease of use, and EMC's latest product emulates the easiest tech toys around by including an app store.
EMC has continued its push into hybrid Clouds, buying three startups and introducing a package of hardware, software and services for getting a Cloud up and running.
VMware is offering a new product, Horizon Flex, that lets IT departments run containerised and secured virtual desktops locally on PC or Mac laptops and desktops.
VCE is expanding its line of all-in-one cloud systems, adding one with all-flash storage and offering more options for enterprises that want an easier path to the cloud.
VMware has upgraded desktop management tool Mirage with bandwidth control features and also published APIs to allow sharing of the data it collects.
VMware and Cisco Systems have released security fixes for serious vulnerabilities in networking virtualisation and server software typically used in datacentres.
VMware has updated third-party libraries and components used by its vSphere server virtualization platform to integrate security patches released in recent months.
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's designed for cloud computing.
VMware has assembled a package that combines its desktop virtualisation software with its tools for managing mobile devices, giving administrators a unified suite to manage all of their end-users' application requirements.
"Brave" is the current watchword for virtualization software giant VMware.
VMware wants to bring enterprise-class reliability to OpenStack by releasing a distribution of cloud hosting software that runs on top of the virtualization stack.
Extending its desktop virtualization stack, VMware has acquired CloudVolumes, a 3-year-old startup that developed software for delivering virtualized applications on the fly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia