VMware has jumped into the hot NFV market with a platform that lets service providers run their network functions as virtualized applications from different vendors.
China suspected in Anthem breach ... NSA used data stolen by hackers ... IBM gives more Watson power to app devs ... and more news
U.S. President Barack Obama has announced his intention to appoint VMware executive Tony Scott as federal CIO.
Converged infrastructure equipment is designed for ease of use, and EMC's latest product emulates the easiest tech toys around by including an app store.
EMC has continued its push into hybrid Clouds, buying three startups and introducing a package of hardware, software and services for getting a Cloud up and running.
VMware is offering a new product, Horizon Flex, that lets IT departments run containerised and secured virtual desktops locally on PC or Mac laptops and desktops.
VCE is expanding its line of all-in-one cloud systems, adding one with all-flash storage and offering more options for enterprises that want an easier path to the cloud.
VMware has upgraded desktop management tool Mirage with bandwidth control features and also published APIs to allow sharing of the data it collects.
VMware and Cisco Systems have released security fixes for serious vulnerabilities in networking virtualisation and server software typically used in datacentres.
VMware has updated third-party libraries and components used by its vSphere server virtualization platform to integrate security patches released in recent months.
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's designed for cloud computing.
VMware has assembled a package that combines its desktop virtualisation software with its tools for managing mobile devices, giving administrators a unified suite to manage all of their end-users' application requirements.
"Brave" is the current watchword for virtualization software giant VMware.
VMware wants to bring enterprise-class reliability to OpenStack by releasing a distribution of cloud hosting software that runs on top of the virtualization stack.
Extending its desktop virtualization stack, VMware has acquired CloudVolumes, a 3-year-old startup that developed software for delivering virtualized applications on the fly.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft seeks Indian customers with exclusive Skype Lite app
- Optus leverages Huawei partnership to launch first Aussie first 4.5G network
- UPS launches an autonomous drone from a delivery truck
- Redfin CTO says machine learning needs human help
- Java and Python FTP attacks can punch holes through firewalls
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Natural/Adabas)SA
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectSA
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPMaster SchedulerNSW
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Analyst Programmer - ContractQLD
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCWPF .NET EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)QLD
- CCTest AnalystWA
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- TPTechnical WriterVIC
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- TPIT Project ManagerNSW
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW