VMware is for the first time inviting anyone to beta test the next version of vSphere, the company's virtualization platform.
Two months after critical vulnerabilities were patched in Apache Struts, a popular open-source framework for developing Java-based Web applications, VMware released a security update to incorporate the fixes in its vCenter Operations Management Suite...
As if tracking down bugs in a complex application isn't difficult enough, programmers now must worry about a newly emerging and potentially dangerous trap, one in which a program compiler simply eliminates chunks of code it doesn't understand, often ...
Most enterprises need help moving beyond traditional networks, the SDN pioneer said
The IT systems of the past 20 years won't be able to handle the emerging Internet of Things, which will call for cloud computing, virtualization, efficient storage and big-data analysis, according to EMC.
VMware is leaning on AirWatch to let users access files from one place using virtual and physical clients and let admins manage desktops in the same way they handle mobile devices.
VMware started patching its products against the critical Heartbleed flaw that puts encrypted communications at risk, and plans to have updates ready for all affected products by Saturday.
VMware is about to release a new version of its Horizon VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure) software that will allow administrators to manage VDI and non-VDI deployments in a unified manner, by using multiple VMware technologies.
Amazon Web Services' hosted virtual desktops have become generally available, priced from US$35, but the company and its competitors have a lot of hurdles to overcome before this sort of technology is widely used by businesses.
VMware has introduced software designed to make it much easier for its customers to store large numbers of virtual machines (VMs) created with the company's software.
VMware will offer virtual desktop services for Google's Chromebooks, allowing them to run Windows applications on the pared-down laptops based on the Chrome OS.
The last legacy systems to make the shift to software-defined networking may be network engineers' minds, but even those are changing.
VMware has reached a deal to acquire mobile management specialist AirWatch for US$1.54 billion, as it aims let users manage desktops, mobile devices and applications using its products.
Oracle is buying Corente, maker of SDN (software-defined networking) technology for WANs (wide area networks), in a strike against competitors such as Cisco and IBM. Terms of the deal, which is expected to close early this year, weren't disclosed on ...
The OpenSSL Project confirmed that weak passwords used on the hosting infrastructure led to the compromise of its website, dispelling concerns that attackers might have exploited a vulnerability in virtualization software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCPMO Program CoordinatorNSW
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia