VMware has posted a new beta release of Virtual SAN (VSAN) that lets enterprises add more storage capacity and management features.
Strong earnings news from Internet and IT vendors gave a boost to tech stocks Friday, with Microsoft shares touching a six-year high.
VMware is hoping to persuade more enterprises to make the leap to virtual desktops by improving graphics capabilities and allowing them to circumvent Microsoft's licensing terms.
ThinApp users have scored a victory as VMware has decided to keep offering it as a separate product and said a new version will arrive soon.
VMware continues to push its plan to virtualize the whole data center, with the general availability of its network virtualization platform, and desktops too with the acquisition of desktop-as-a service company Desktone.
VMware boosts performance, scalability, and usability with enhancements that stretch from the hypervisor to the management stack
The jam-packed VMworld show this week in San Francisco has been VMware's launchpad for flights deeper into storage, an area that the company thinks is due for more virtualization.
The newly launched VMware vCloud Hybrid Service will start offering a fully supported Suse Linux Enterprise Server by the end of the year, making it the first commercially supported Linux OS that the cloud service plans to offer.
Click through to see all the latest from the show in San Francisco.
VMware's big splash in software-defined networking with its NSX network hypervisor comes with partnerships already in place to flesh out its virtual networks.
VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger used his opening keynote speech at the company's annual VMworld conference to emphasize plans to virtualize networks with the aim of achieving the success in virtualising servers.
At the kick-off of its annual VMworld user conference, being held this week in San Francisco, VMware will fill in more layers of its software stack for running its envisioned software defined data center (SDDC).
PernixData, a startup founded by VMware veterans, says its software can turn server-based flash storage into a resource shared across a standard VMware cluster of as many as 32 systems.
VMware, Microsoft score high in test of hosted virtual desktop infrastructure
Telligent has acquired Zimbra from VMware in order to give its enterprise social networking suite an enterprise email and calendaring component.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia