The Skype for Android VoIP service lets you text-chat and make Skype voice calls using a Wi-Fi or 3G connection
voip in pictures
With Skype's legal troubles now cleared up, it's a good time to learn more about the company than just what features it offers. Here 10 questions designed to give you a better understanding of the peer-to-peer VoIP vendor.
Telecom carriers must get permission from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to replace their copper networks with Internet Protocol-based systems if the change will result in discontinued or reduced voice services for customers.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission may require the country's telecom carriers to warn residential and business customers about their plans to abandon old, copper telephone networks for IP-based systems.
The desktop phone may seem like a dinosaur in this mobile-first era, but with a 7-inch touch screen and an integrated camera on its latest model, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise begs to differ.
Network operator British Telecom is hoping to increase the popularity of its audioconferencing service by extending a high-quality audio feature to users of Web-based conferencing clients.
OnBeep is readying a wearable device that will let smartphone users initiate a voice chat with a pre-defined group of people, walkie-talkie style, and to support its development the startup announced Wednesday it has closed a US$6.25 million funding ...
We're at an awkward stage as the age of network-streamed multimedia matures. Broadband and cell providers have only recently realized the public's enormous appetite for streaming video, VoIP, and the combination of both.
Given the importance of telephone systems, refreshing the technology can be daunting. However, for small and midsized businesses who consider upgrading from a PBX to VoIP, the benefits are clear and, with proper planning, the implementation is not ve...
LTE is simultaneously being pushed forward on several fronts, and the result for users will be faster networks, better coverage and the ability to access networks while travelling abroad.
Smartphone vendors will rely on upgrades such as full-HD screens and more powerful yet more frugal processors to entice customers to buy new phones in 2013.
It's a rare week indeed that doesn't see the emergence of some fresh news of Android's ascendance, but lately the evidence has been coming particularly fast and furious, suggesting that there really is no stopping the mobile platform--at least not an...
Information workers are increasingly demanding to use consumer-friendly Android and iOS devices on the job, so it stands to reason that IT administrators would value such flexibility too.
Intel has been on a buying binge lately. Just two weeks ago the world's largest chip maker agreed to acquire security vendor McAfee for $7.68 billion, and today it announced plans to buy Infineon Technologies' Wireless Solutions (WLS) division for $...
Whitepapers about voip
While corporations are issuing a growing array of wireless devices into the workplace, employees, partners and guests are also bringing in personal smartphones, tablets and laptops and expect to be able to connect them to the network seamlessly. Find out how your organisations can deliver high-performance applications, anywhere, on any device and over any access media.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- As 5G heads for IoT, 4G is far from done
- Microsoft's new Catapult v2 server design is targeted at AI
- Digital transformation is giving IT spending a big boost
- FBI warns that hackers are targeting state election systems
- Nutanix gets hyperconverged with PernixData and Calm.io
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCChange / Project ManagerVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC