The Skype for Android VoIP service lets you text-chat and make Skype voice calls using a Wi-Fi or 3G connection
voip in pictures
With Skype's legal troubles now cleared up, it's a good time to learn more about the company than just what features it offers. Here 10 questions designed to give you a better understanding of the peer-to-peer VoIP vendor.
Telecom carriers must get permission from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to replace their copper networks with Internet Protocol-based systems if the change will result in discontinued or reduced voice services for customers.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission may require the country's telecom carriers to warn residential and business customers about their plans to abandon old, copper telephone networks for IP-based systems.
The desktop phone may seem like a dinosaur in this mobile-first era, but with a 7-inch touch screen and an integrated camera on its latest model, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise begs to differ.
Network operator British Telecom is hoping to increase the popularity of its audioconferencing service by extending a high-quality audio feature to users of Web-based conferencing clients.
OnBeep is readying a wearable device that will let smartphone users initiate a voice chat with a pre-defined group of people, walkie-talkie style, and to support its development the startup announced Wednesday it has closed a US$6.25 million funding ...
We're at an awkward stage as the age of network-streamed multimedia matures. Broadband and cell providers have only recently realized the public's enormous appetite for streaming video, VoIP, and the combination of both.
Given the importance of telephone systems, refreshing the technology can be daunting. However, for small and midsized businesses who consider upgrading from a PBX to VoIP, the benefits are clear and, with proper planning, the implementation is not ve...
LTE is simultaneously being pushed forward on several fronts, and the result for users will be faster networks, better coverage and the ability to access networks while travelling abroad.
Smartphone vendors will rely on upgrades such as full-HD screens and more powerful yet more frugal processors to entice customers to buy new phones in 2013.
It's a rare week indeed that doesn't see the emergence of some fresh news of Android's ascendance, but lately the evidence has been coming particularly fast and furious, suggesting that there really is no stopping the mobile platform--at least not an...
Information workers are increasingly demanding to use consumer-friendly Android and iOS devices on the job, so it stands to reason that IT administrators would value such flexibility too.
Intel has been on a buying binge lately. Just two weeks ago the world's largest chip maker agreed to acquire security vendor McAfee for $7.68 billion, and today it announced plans to buy Infineon Technologies' Wireless Solutions (WLS) division for $...
Whitepapers about voip
While corporations are issuing a growing array of wireless devices into the workplace, employees, partners and guests are also bringing in personal smartphones, tablets and laptops and expect to be able to connect them to the network seamlessly. Find out how your organisations can deliver high-performance applications, anywhere, on any device and over any access media.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Solutions DesignerNSW
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW