The Skype for Android VoIP service lets you text-chat and make Skype voice calls using a Wi-Fi or 3G connection
voip in pictures
With Skype's legal troubles now cleared up, it's a good time to learn more about the company than just what features it offers. Here 10 questions designed to give you a better understanding of the peer-to-peer VoIP vendor.
Telecom carriers must get permission from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to replace their copper networks with Internet Protocol-based systems if the change will result in discontinued or reduced voice services for customers.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission may require the country's telecom carriers to warn residential and business customers about their plans to abandon old, copper telephone networks for IP-based systems.
The desktop phone may seem like a dinosaur in this mobile-first era, but with a 7-inch touch screen and an integrated camera on its latest model, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise begs to differ.
Network operator British Telecom is hoping to increase the popularity of its audioconferencing service by extending a high-quality audio feature to users of Web-based conferencing clients.
OnBeep is readying a wearable device that will let smartphone users initiate a voice chat with a pre-defined group of people, walkie-talkie style, and to support its development the startup announced Wednesday it has closed a US$6.25 million funding ...
We're at an awkward stage as the age of network-streamed multimedia matures. Broadband and cell providers have only recently realized the public's enormous appetite for streaming video, VoIP, and the combination of both.
Given the importance of telephone systems, refreshing the technology can be daunting. However, for small and midsized businesses who consider upgrading from a PBX to VoIP, the benefits are clear and, with proper planning, the implementation is not ve...
LTE is simultaneously being pushed forward on several fronts, and the result for users will be faster networks, better coverage and the ability to access networks while travelling abroad.
Smartphone vendors will rely on upgrades such as full-HD screens and more powerful yet more frugal processors to entice customers to buy new phones in 2013.
It's a rare week indeed that doesn't see the emergence of some fresh news of Android's ascendance, but lately the evidence has been coming particularly fast and furious, suggesting that there really is no stopping the mobile platform--at least not an...
Information workers are increasingly demanding to use consumer-friendly Android and iOS devices on the job, so it stands to reason that IT administrators would value such flexibility too.
Intel has been on a buying binge lately. Just two weeks ago the world's largest chip maker agreed to acquire security vendor McAfee for $7.68 billion, and today it announced plans to buy Infineon Technologies' Wireless Solutions (WLS) division for $...
Whitepapers about voip
While corporations are issuing a growing array of wireless devices into the workplace, employees, partners and guests are also bringing in personal smartphones, tablets and laptops and expect to be able to connect them to the network seamlessly. Find out how your organisations can deliver high-performance applications, anywhere, on any device and over any access media.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- CCPMO Program CoordinatorNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC