The Skype for Android VoIP service lets you text-chat and make Skype voice calls using a Wi-Fi or 3G connection
voip in pictures
With Skype's legal troubles now cleared up, it's a good time to learn more about the company than just what features it offers. Here 10 questions designed to give you a better understanding of the peer-to-peer VoIP vendor.
Telecom carriers must get permission from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to replace their copper networks with Internet Protocol-based systems if the change will result in discontinued or reduced voice services for customers.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission may require the country's telecom carriers to warn residential and business customers about their plans to abandon old, copper telephone networks for IP-based systems.
The desktop phone may seem like a dinosaur in this mobile-first era, but with a 7-inch touch screen and an integrated camera on its latest model, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise begs to differ.
Network operator British Telecom is hoping to increase the popularity of its audioconferencing service by extending a high-quality audio feature to users of Web-based conferencing clients.
OnBeep is readying a wearable device that will let smartphone users initiate a voice chat with a pre-defined group of people, walkie-talkie style, and to support its development the startup announced Wednesday it has closed a US$6.25 million funding ...
We're at an awkward stage as the age of network-streamed multimedia matures. Broadband and cell providers have only recently realized the public's enormous appetite for streaming video, VoIP, and the combination of both.
Given the importance of telephone systems, refreshing the technology can be daunting. However, for small and midsized businesses who consider upgrading from a PBX to VoIP, the benefits are clear and, with proper planning, the implementation is not ve...
LTE is simultaneously being pushed forward on several fronts, and the result for users will be faster networks, better coverage and the ability to access networks while travelling abroad.
Smartphone vendors will rely on upgrades such as full-HD screens and more powerful yet more frugal processors to entice customers to buy new phones in 2013.
It's a rare week indeed that doesn't see the emergence of some fresh news of Android's ascendance, but lately the evidence has been coming particularly fast and furious, suggesting that there really is no stopping the mobile platform--at least not an...
Information workers are increasingly demanding to use consumer-friendly Android and iOS devices on the job, so it stands to reason that IT administrators would value such flexibility too.
Intel has been on a buying binge lately. Just two weeks ago the world's largest chip maker agreed to acquire security vendor McAfee for $7.68 billion, and today it announced plans to buy Infineon Technologies' Wireless Solutions (WLS) division for $...
Whitepapers about voip
While corporations are issuing a growing array of wireless devices into the workplace, employees, partners and guests are also bringing in personal smartphones, tablets and laptops and expect to be able to connect them to the network seamlessly. Find out how your organisations can deliver high-performance applications, anywhere, on any device and over any access media.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Citrix & VMWareNSW
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCSAP BW Hana DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia