By its own admission, insurance and financial services giant Suncorp had no unified communication technology just three years ago, but since then the introduction of IP telephony and videoconferencing has worked wonders for how the business leverages...
Skype unveiled its iPhone and BlackBerry applications at the CTIA Wireless trade show on Tuesday, taking its VoIP capability into the inner sanctum of mobile operators that still depend on voice minutes for most of their revenue.
U.S. lawmakers want to make sure they're collecting enough taxes on your VoIP service.
Skype Technologies SA announced Monday a beta version of its popular voice-over-IP service for businesses that have IP-based switches running on the Session Initiation Protocol.
By all rights, mobile VoIP sounds like an enticing proposition for a lot of companies.
Mobile operators O2 and Orange may refuse to offer Nokia's N97 handset unless the phone manufacturer removes the preinstalled Skype software.
Just days after his apprehension in Mexico following two years on the run from law enforcement authorities, an alleged hacker was indicted this week by a federal grand jury for hacking into the computer networks of VoIP service providers.
VoIP may be very much alive, but that doesn't mean Verizon is aiming to kill off its traditional copper network anytime soon.
Skype will release a big upgrade to its PC client software early next month, making video conferencing a central feature of the new interface.
A US VoIP phone service kept one of the terrorists who carried out deadly attacks in Mumbai, India, in November in touch with his handlers based in Pakistan, according to reports describing a dossier of evidence compiled by Indian officials.
Adobe Systems has released a public beta of CoCoMo, a hosted service that developers can use to add video conferencing, voice-over-IP and other collaboration features to applications built with its Flex developer tools.
Ribbit Monday released for general availability its Web telephony platform, designed to extend telephony development to the world's Web developers through the use of its APIs (application programming interfaces).
Latest News Articles
- Huawei's smartphones shipments rise on international sales
- Rhapsody reaches 2M subscribers, bets on new unRadio service
- Using Instagram on public Wi-Fi poses risk of an account hijack, researcher says
- Lithium-metal battery could boost gadget power
- Vodafone re-allocates 850MHz 4G spectrum a week after Telstra and Optus 700MHz launch
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
- 5 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- $39.90 free shipping
- 42% off $579 free shipping
- $679.95 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »