Sprint is integrating the Google Voice application into all of its phones, giving users a new way to make cheap international calls.
There's no denying that Skype is by far the most ubiquitous VoIP service today, but a new project launched this week aims to create an open source alternative.
Interstate trucking company Boyd Bros. Transportation was losing experienced freight agents because it couldn't support home workers, but replacing the firm's 20-year-old phone system brought unified communications features that let it hang on to the...
In its recent annual security report, Cisco predicted VOIP abuse as a potential area for cyber crime growth.
A spike in attacks against IP PBXs that started last fall shows no signs of abating, spawning speculation that those responsible have tapped intobotnets and cloud computing resources to carry out their illegal activities.
Cisco unveiled new unified communications products this week. The new UC offerings are designed to take Cisco out of its large enterprise comfort zone and deliver solutions for small and medium businesses. These products might be suitable for SMBs, b...
Developers with Android skills are now in greater demand than those with iPhone expertise, according to a recent report.
Back in October when Skype 5.0 client software appeared, it was heralded as a good thing all round. It integrated Skype's audio and video conferencing into Facebook's social media management, allowing Skype users to view and comment on Facebook frien...
Skype is looking toward developing markets for its mobile business as the popular voice-over-Internet Protocol service seeks to grow its presence in places where smartphone use is less common.
Mobile network operators and their equipment suppliers are working hard to make telephony over data-oriented LTE (Long-Term Evolution) mobile networks a reality, with the number of demos at Mobile World Congress a sign they are getting closer.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission took a major step Tuesday toward ending subsidies for traditional telephone service in rural areas and redirecting the money to broadband deployment.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will unveil a proposal Tuesday to phase out subsidies for traditional telephone service to rural areas, with the money transferred to a broadband deployment program.
If you've ever wanted to wrestle your phone number away from the carriers, now's your chance.
The Sno-Isle, Wash., public library system expects to save $400,000 this year by yanking its MPLS network and replacing it with multiple, less expensive broadband connections that include consumer DSL, cable service and even dark fiber.
Skype and other Internet phone services continue to operate in China days after media reports said the country's government was cracking down on them.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW