A spike in attacks against IP PBXs that started last fall shows no signs of abating, spawning speculation that those responsible have tapped intobotnets and cloud computing resources to carry out their illegal activities.
Cisco unveiled new unified communications products this week. The new UC offerings are designed to take Cisco out of its large enterprise comfort zone and deliver solutions for small and medium businesses. These products might be suitable for SMBs, b...
Developers with Android skills are now in greater demand than those with iPhone expertise, according to a recent report.
Back in October when Skype 5.0 client software appeared, it was heralded as a good thing all round. It integrated Skype's audio and video conferencing into Facebook's social media management, allowing Skype users to view and comment on Facebook frien...
Skype is looking toward developing markets for its mobile business as the popular voice-over-Internet Protocol service seeks to grow its presence in places where smartphone use is less common.
Mobile network operators and their equipment suppliers are working hard to make telephony over data-oriented LTE (Long-Term Evolution) mobile networks a reality, with the number of demos at Mobile World Congress a sign they are getting closer.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission took a major step Tuesday toward ending subsidies for traditional telephone service in rural areas and redirecting the money to broadband deployment.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will unveil a proposal Tuesday to phase out subsidies for traditional telephone service to rural areas, with the money transferred to a broadband deployment program.
If you've ever wanted to wrestle your phone number away from the carriers, now's your chance.
The Sno-Isle, Wash., public library system expects to save $400,000 this year by yanking its MPLS network and replacing it with multiple, less expensive broadband connections that include consumer DSL, cable service and even dark fiber.
Skype and other Internet phone services continue to operate in China days after media reports said the country's government was cracking down on them.
Gmail users in the U.S can continue call phones in North America and Canada for free after the new year, Google said in a blog post on Monday.
There are basically two ways to cut WAN costs: reduce the amount of bandwidth used or find somebody who sells cheaper bandwidth.
Skype released an updated version of its Symbian client, which adds support for Nokia's N8, C7 and the E5, the company said in a blog post on Wednesday.
On the same day that Google released its "Gingerbread" platform, it also debuted its soon-to-be-released Android platform tailored specifically for tablets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft (hearts) Linux, for Azure's sake
- IPhones dial in larger Apple profit in fourth quarter
- Telephony vendor Mitel goes public with $540M bid for ShoreTel
- Office Mix now lets PowerPoint users create on the fly
- Are higher frequencies mobile's next frontier? The FCC wants to know
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW