Skype launched a new software developer kit on Wednesday to help electronics makers embed Skype into any new device they're working on.
Now that Google Voice is open to everybody in the U.S., small business owners, particularly those with less than 25 employees, should take a close look at Google's free phone management service. Here are ten good reasons why:
Google's telephony management application Google Voice is now open to all U.S. residents, as the company on Tuesday removed the requirement for prospective users to receive an invitation in order to sign up for the service.
The number of mobile VoIP users is set to grow to 100 million in Europe and the USA in the next two years.
Microsoft will stop selling the Response Point phone system on Aug. 31 this year, as it clears the way for Microsoft Office Communications Server to be the vendor's primary VoIP platform.
Google plans to acquire video and VoIP (Voice over IP) codec developer Global IP Solutions (GIPS) for approximately 421 million Norwegian kronor (US$68.2 million) in cash, the company said on Tuesday.
Skype today launched a Web-based tool to help small and medium sized businesses manage access to the Internet telephony service. Skype Manager replaces Skype Business Control Panel.
Skype this week will start offering plans to let users call international wireline and wireless phones at significantly lower rates than its current pay-as-you-go services.
Local VoIP provider Engin has introduced three new bundle plans. Dubbed VoIP Ignition, the plans are available for $69, $89 and $109 per month and include broadband access with a data quota that can be used without on- and off-peak periods.
Australian VoIP telco MyNetFone is offering free VoIP calls for people who sign up to its Naked ADSL2+ plans.
Microsoft plans to release a new version of its Office Communications Server (OCS) by the latter half of 2010, according to Gurdeep Singh Pall, corporate vice president of Microsoft's Unified Communications Group.
Broadband telephony company engin is offering hosted VoIP phone systems for small to medium businesses throughout Australia in a partnership with Harris Technology.
Open-source collaboration software vendor Open-Xchange has integrated VoIP (voice over Internet Protocol) and social networking sites in the latest version of its e-mail server and client.
In a move that will have telcos around the world squirming uncomfortably, Nokia and Skype today announced the availability of the well known Internet telephony program for the Symbian operating system.
Skype and Nokia have released a new Skype client for the Symbian mobile OS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the US government
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTBA/Technical Project Manager/Product ManagerQLD
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW