VoltDB is hoping to raise its profile in the burgeoning in-memory database market with a new release that offers improved analytic processing, better scalability and other features.
Responding to a growing user base of online service providers, VoltDB has outfitted its namesake in-memory database management system with additional tools to communicate with other technologies usually found in a Web applications stack.
Users who eschew traditional relational databases in favor of the newly emerging NoSQL databases might be "throwing the baby out with the bath water," warned a database pioneer before a roomful of NoSQL advocates.
VoltDB, a new open-source database for large-scale transaction processing, emerged from beta on Tuesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- FTProject Manager - ProcurementSA
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC