Volvo has developed a system that provides real-time warnings to drivers of black ice or disabled vehicles on the road ahead.
A complex network of sensors, lasers and a cloud-based positioning system are part of a plan from Volvo Cars to have 100 self-driving cars on the road by 2017.
Cars that can park themselves, cycle helmets that can communicate to avoid collisions and the coming battle between Apple's CarPlay and Google's Android Auto will all be hot topics at International CES in January.
Some of the most futuristic features envisioned in networked cars will depend on 5G mobile technology that probably won't be available in full until 2020, according to Ericsson's chief technology officer.
Volvo is starting a pilot project that aims to have 100 self-driving cars on Swedish public roads around the city of Gothenburg by 2017.
Volvo is using technology to make its cars safer as the car maker works towards an era of self-driving cars. The upcoming XC90 will be the first car in an overhauled range to introduce a suite of safety, self-driving and entertainment technologies wh...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Senators want warrant protections for US email stored overseas
- Celebrity hacker Guccifer's confession gives us all a lesson in security
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCProject Manager - HFCVIC
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC