Apple sells about 20 percent of the world's smartphones and makes 92 percent of the industry's profit, a staggering imbalance that reflects the premium prices Cupertino can ask for its phones compared to competitors like HTC and Samsung.
wall street journal
BlackBerry said it will continue to take steps to optimise its business, following a report that up to 40 per cent of its 12,700 employees will lose their jobs by year's end.
Apple's 10 September iPhone event is just around the corner, but that hasn't stopped speculation about the iPhone 6 that is expected to arrive next year.
BlackBerry is taking steps to spin off its BlackBerry Messenger instant messaging software as a separate company, as it continues to explore a range of "strategic alternatives" after its new BlackBerry 10 smartphones have achieved only modest sales.
Apple CEO Tim Cook is believed to have recently visited China to talk with local carriers, with the topic of conversation expected to have been market growth and the rumoured low-cost iPhone, dubbed iPhone Lite or iPhone 5C.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC