Apple sells about 20 percent of the world's smartphones and makes 92 percent of the industry's profit, a staggering imbalance that reflects the premium prices Cupertino can ask for its phones compared to competitors like HTC and Samsung.
wall street journal
BlackBerry said it will continue to take steps to optimise its business, following a report that up to 40 per cent of its 12,700 employees will lose their jobs by year's end.
Apple's 10 September iPhone event is just around the corner, but that hasn't stopped speculation about the iPhone 6 that is expected to arrive next year.
BlackBerry is taking steps to spin off its BlackBerry Messenger instant messaging software as a separate company, as it continues to explore a range of "strategic alternatives" after its new BlackBerry 10 smartphones have achieved only modest sales.
Apple CEO Tim Cook is believed to have recently visited China to talk with local carriers, with the topic of conversation expected to have been market growth and the rumoured low-cost iPhone, dubbed iPhone Lite or iPhone 5C.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cyberespionage group Patchwork sets its sights on multiple industries
- This new Outlook feature will organize your inbox for you
- Taxi hailing apps Mytaxi and Hailo will merge to counter Uber in Europe
- Cybersecurity firm offers users reimbursement for ransomware infections
- Amazon testing parcel deliveries by drones in the UK
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC