China's e-commerce market hasn't been easy for Walmart to crack, but the U.S. shopping giant isn't giving up. The company is investing even more in its e-commerce operations there, by taking full control of a Chinese online retailer.
Android's race to the bottom seems to have inspired companies of all sorts to release their own phone or tablet device. Now you can count Monster among them.
Hey, remember just the other day when Google told us that its new Nexus 7 tablet would go on sale July 30 in the US? Good times, good times. Well, Google apparently uses a different calendar from the rest of us because over at the Googleplex, "July 3...
We believe Apple will introduce the iPad 5 at a separate event in October, just like last year, and push the release date of the iPad 5, as well as the sequel to last year's iPad Mini, to late October 2013.
Walmart's video service Vudu has reset its customers' passwords after it found that hard drives were among items stolen from its office.
IBM is buying analytics vendor DemandTec for US$440 million in a bid to build out its line of e-commerce software, the companies announced Thursday. The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of next year.
Walmart has launched its Shopycat application, that uses information on the interests of friends on Facebook to make recommendations on gifts for them from Walmart stores and other sites.
Walmart could start letting shoppers buy products in the aisles and skip the checkout line, but the world's largest retailer needs to find out how that would improve the customer experience, the company's e-commerce chief said Thursday.
Retail giant Wal-Mart is reported to be planning on making all its payment terminals in the U.S. compliant with a smartcard-based credit card technology that is already widely used around the world, but not in the U.S.
WalMart has started letting other retailers sell their products on its Walmart.com online store.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC