A U.S. appeals court has denied requests by several broadband providers and trade groups to delay the Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules while they challenge the regulations.
Walter McCormick Jr.
A small band of net neutrality advocates who have pitched their tents beside the U.S. Federal Communications Commission hope that their on-the-ground activism can counterbalance well-funded lobbying efforts by large broadband providers.
In an effort to balance the U.S. government's books, some Republicans have proposed taking US$1billion from a fund that subsidizes rural telephone and broadband service and using it to reduce the government's budget deficit.
Third-party charges on U.S. consumer and business telephone bills, most of them unauthorized by the customer, amount to US $2 billion a year, according to a new report from a U.S. Senate committee.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- AMD talks tough as it drums up support for 32-core Zen server chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCOracle R12 Functional ConsultantSA
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerQLD
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerSA
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW