A U.S. appeals court has denied requests by several broadband providers and trade groups to delay the Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules while they challenge the regulations.
Walter McCormick Jr.
A small band of net neutrality advocates who have pitched their tents beside the U.S. Federal Communications Commission hope that their on-the-ground activism can counterbalance well-funded lobbying efforts by large broadband providers.
In an effort to balance the U.S. government's books, some Republicans have proposed taking US$1billion from a fund that subsidizes rural telephone and broadband service and using it to reduce the government's budget deficit.
Third-party charges on U.S. consumer and business telephone bills, most of them unauthorized by the customer, amount to US $2 billion a year, according to a new report from a U.S. Senate committee.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Backdoor accounts found in 80 Sony IP security camera models
- Arago teaches an AI to play games, the better to manage IT systems
- Microsoft's LinkedIn deal clears the EU, will close in the coming days
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Dropbox boosts mobile productivity with offline folder support
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCChange Manager/ Project ManagerNSW
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTSuperannuation Research ConsultantNSW
- CCUX DesignerSA
- CCWeb Services Tester- Test AnalystNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- CCsolution ArchitectNSW
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- TPSenior System Engineer - WintelVIC
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- CCProject ManagerWA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC