WAN optimization vendor Silver Peak last week announced a service that it proclaims speeds data transfers into Amazon's cloud by 100 times compared to not using Silver Peak's deduplication system.
Strangeloop is coming out with a Web-site optimizer that speeds up page builds on mobile devices based on Apple, Android and Microsoft operating systems.
LAS VEGAS -- Riverbed and Akamai are teaming up to offer technology and services that promise to optimize WAN traffic more effectively when it travels between corporate data centers and cloud-based software as a service (SaaS) providers.
In the wake of Internet blackouts in Egypt and Libya, Google has announced it is awarding at least $1 million to Georgia Tech researchers working on tools that will immediately reveal when governments are trying to shut down or censor use of the Inte...
The Sno-Isle, Wash., public library system expects to save $400,000 this year by yanking its MPLS network and replacing it with multiple, less expensive broadband connections that include consumer DSL, cable service and even dark fiber.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC