WAN optimization vendor Silver Peak last week announced a service that it proclaims speeds data transfers into Amazon's cloud by 100 times compared to not using Silver Peak's deduplication system.
Strangeloop is coming out with a Web-site optimizer that speeds up page builds on mobile devices based on Apple, Android and Microsoft operating systems.
LAS VEGAS -- Riverbed and Akamai are teaming up to offer technology and services that promise to optimize WAN traffic more effectively when it travels between corporate data centers and cloud-based software as a service (SaaS) providers.
In the wake of Internet blackouts in Egypt and Libya, Google has announced it is awarding at least $1 million to Georgia Tech researchers working on tools that will immediately reveal when governments are trying to shut down or censor use of the Inte...
The Sno-Isle, Wash., public library system expects to save $400,000 this year by yanking its MPLS network and replacing it with multiple, less expensive broadband connections that include consumer DSL, cable service and even dark fiber.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC