WAN optimization vendor Silver Peak last week announced a service that it proclaims speeds data transfers into Amazon's cloud by 100 times compared to not using Silver Peak's deduplication system.
Strangeloop is coming out with a Web-site optimizer that speeds up page builds on mobile devices based on Apple, Android and Microsoft operating systems.
LAS VEGAS -- Riverbed and Akamai are teaming up to offer technology and services that promise to optimize WAN traffic more effectively when it travels between corporate data centers and cloud-based software as a service (SaaS) providers.
In the wake of Internet blackouts in Egypt and Libya, Google has announced it is awarding at least $1 million to Georgia Tech researchers working on tools that will immediately reveal when governments are trying to shut down or censor use of the Inte...
The Sno-Isle, Wash., public library system expects to save $400,000 this year by yanking its MPLS network and replacing it with multiple, less expensive broadband connections that include consumer DSL, cable service and even dark fiber.
There are basically two ways to cut WAN costs: reduce the amount of bandwidth used or find somebody who sells cheaper bandwidth.
Riverbed is launching two new products that can make cloud services faster by accelerating traffic and also more economical by reducing corporate data center and storage costs.
Riverbed has products on tap that will enable <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/060310-wan-optimization.html?t51hb">WAN optimization</a> as a <a href="https://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/062410-survey-it-wants-public-and.html">cloud s...
Strangeloop is coming out with a Web-acceleration appliance it says can boost online sales and give Web sites higher ranking among search engines.
Managed service provider Virtela has revamped its infrastructure with a virtualized platform off of which it will run a range of services, the first of which is flat-fee WAN optimization service with a money back guarantee if customers are unhappy wi...
F5 Networks has added a new member to its Big-IP application delivery family that combines SSL VPN security with existing access control and WAN optimization, enabling businesses to eliminate VPN gateways.
Norfolk Telecom, the sole telecommunications provider for the remote Pacific Ocean island of Norfolk Island, has completed a WAN optimisation project for its satellite Internet connection resulting in a 100 per cent increase in its available bandwidt...
Health care provider Hammond Care has implemented a business continuity solution designed to reduce traffic over its network while integrating with its virtualised server environment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- FTTIBCO Support Analyst - PERM DESKVIC
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- TPReporting AnalystQLD
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- FTFinance AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk OperatorsSA
- FTICT Contract AnalystWA
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTReporting DeveloperSA
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC