WAN optimization vendor Silver Peak last week announced a service that it proclaims speeds data transfers into Amazon's cloud by 100 times compared to not using Silver Peak's deduplication system.
Strangeloop is coming out with a Web-site optimizer that speeds up page builds on mobile devices based on Apple, Android and Microsoft operating systems.
LAS VEGAS -- Riverbed and Akamai are teaming up to offer technology and services that promise to optimize WAN traffic more effectively when it travels between corporate data centers and cloud-based software as a service (SaaS) providers.
In the wake of Internet blackouts in Egypt and Libya, Google has announced it is awarding at least $1 million to Georgia Tech researchers working on tools that will immediately reveal when governments are trying to shut down or censor use of the Inte...
The Sno-Isle, Wash., public library system expects to save $400,000 this year by yanking its MPLS network and replacing it with multiple, less expensive broadband connections that include consumer DSL, cable service and even dark fiber.
There are basically two ways to cut WAN costs: reduce the amount of bandwidth used or find somebody who sells cheaper bandwidth.
Riverbed is launching two new products that can make cloud services faster by accelerating traffic and also more economical by reducing corporate data center and storage costs.
Riverbed has products on tap that will enable <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/060310-wan-optimization.html?t51hb">WAN optimization</a> as a <a href="https://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/062410-survey-it-wants-public-and.html">cloud s...
Strangeloop is coming out with a Web-acceleration appliance it says can boost online sales and give Web sites higher ranking among search engines.
Managed service provider Virtela has revamped its infrastructure with a virtualized platform off of which it will run a range of services, the first of which is flat-fee WAN optimization service with a money back guarantee if customers are unhappy wi...
F5 Networks has added a new member to its Big-IP application delivery family that combines SSL VPN security with existing access control and WAN optimization, enabling businesses to eliminate VPN gateways.
Norfolk Telecom, the sole telecommunications provider for the remote Pacific Ocean island of Norfolk Island, has completed a WAN optimisation project for its satellite Internet connection resulting in a 100 per cent increase in its available bandwidt...
Health care provider Hammond Care has implemented a business continuity solution designed to reduce traffic over its network while integrating with its virtualised server environment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IBM just found a way to turn toxic old smartphones into medical-grade plastic
- Microsoft Sway gets its first paid features
- Thousands of hacked CCTV devices used in DDoS attacks
- Cloud consortium says simpler EU electronic signature rules aren't simple enough
- Lightning strikes Outlook in latest Salesforce-Microsoft integration
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia