Apple launched the third beta edition of its iOS 7 mobile operating system to app developers yesterday. iOS 7 beta 3 contains a number of fixes, tweaks and interesting new features. Here's the pick of the iOS 7 beta 3 features and updates.
Earlier this month, Apple unveiled iOS 7, the successor to the mobile OS that powers iPhones, iPads and iPod touch models. Not everyone is sold on the new look and feel, including columnist Alex Burinskiy.
Don't fall into the trap of thinking that iOS 7's changes are only skin (or screen) deep. Though the visual changes are dramatic, they may well rank, in practice, as the least exciting update to the operating system, once it ships later this year.
The new Mac Pro is a black cylinder dense with high technology, from powerful Intel workstation-grade processors to two shockingly fast graphics cards to an array of expansion ports. We got a brief chance to go hands-on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA