Western Digital has developed a monstrous 14TB hard drive that is now shipping for testing to customers.
WD's My Passport Wireless Pro external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server.
Rumors of Apple launching an all-you-can-stream music service are nothing new. Ever since the company acquired Beats Music in May 2014, speculation has been rife that it could use some of the underlying technology for a new service under its own bran...
Western Digital’s My Passport Wireless is a Windows- and Mac-compatible, portable hard disk drive intended for the wireless offloading and consumption of data.
Apple CEO Tim Cook and one of his top lieutenants today outlined the next iterations of the company's critical iOS and the less-important OS X before enthusiastic developers.
Western Digital’s (WD) flash storage expansion drive has moved through yet another phase, with the storage vendor announcing it has completed its acquisition of Virident Systems for $US685 million.
iOS 7 is almost ready for you to take home: Apple CEO, Tim Cook, announced at the company's special Tuesday event that its newest mobile operating system would be available on Wednesday, September 18, for free.
Seagate announced that it has sold more than 1 million drives using a new recording technology that will offer consumers 5TB hard drives next year and possibly 20TB drives by 2020.
The iPhone 6 or iPhone 5S may feature a 'super slow-mo' video mode called Mogul, if references in iOS 7's beta code is any indication.
Supplies of Apple's Thunderbolt Display are dwindling, hinting that a 4K update of the product could be on the way.
We've heard about the new look and feel of iOS 7, as well as about the most prominent features, but in its WWDC keynote Apple--as it often does--alluded to many new features that didn't get their chance to shine. On its website, the company's now det...
As last week's Apple WWDC faded in the rear view mirror, the iOSphere hungered for more. And the hunger gave birth to hope, and hope to more rumors, including the one that predicts iPad 5 will be announced this week to foil and foul Samsung's schedul...
Apple has already tweaked iOS 7's controversial app icons - but only slightly.
Think of Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference as a giant tea cup, drained to the dregs of loose leaf tea and the entire iOSphere leaning-in to read the soggy remains and figure out what the heck is happening with iPhone 6.
With Apple's WWDC providing actual news and, you know, facts, the iOSphere seemed like a hot air balloon that was rapidly cooling and losing not only altitude but attitude. Blogs and tech sites seemed to flounder in finding something to say that coul...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel projects decline in chip prices, and AMD's Ryzen is one reason
- Google Cloud growth is outpacing the company's ad business
- Hands on with the unusual Acer Predator Triton 700 gaming laptop
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Hands on the Acer's Swift 5, a competitor to Microsoft's Surface Pro
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCFiori ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, FinanceNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- FTDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CC1st / 2nd Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTPMO Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- FTNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- FTTechnical SpecialistACT