Google is upgrading on Thursday its tool for analyzing Web page performance, making it available directly via the Web and offering smartphone page analysis.
The core idea behind HTML 5, the latest proposed version of the Web's foundation markup language, is to make all resources, not just text and links, widely and uniformly usable across all platforms. Well, that was the theory. In practice, things aren...
Google will end Gears, an open-source plug-in project it launched two years ago to allow Web applications to function even when a computer isn't connected to the Internet, according to a statement from the company.
Google is hoping to make Web pages download up to twice as quickly using SPDY, a new application-layer protocol it's experimenting with, the company said in a blog post.
Adobe Systems has acquired Business Catalyst, which provides a platform for Web professionals to build online businesses, and its GoodBarry subsidiary, Adobe confirmed on Monday.
If you'd like to create photo albums on the Web, you won't find a simpler way to do it than using Porta. With a click or two, you'll be able to create completely formatted HTML-based albums, ready for the Web. To make the album live, upload its entir...
If the next generation of Internet startups presenting at Le Web 08 conference in Paris have their way, the Web of the future could look like one big social-networking site.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- TPFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Specialist - TelcoQLD
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- PTProject ManagersACT
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCApplication Support Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT