Google is upgrading on Thursday its tool for analyzing Web page performance, making it available directly via the Web and offering smartphone page analysis.
The core idea behind HTML 5, the latest proposed version of the Web's foundation markup language, is to make all resources, not just text and links, widely and uniformly usable across all platforms. Well, that was the theory. In practice, things aren...
Google will end Gears, an open-source plug-in project it launched two years ago to allow Web applications to function even when a computer isn't connected to the Internet, according to a statement from the company.
Google is hoping to make Web pages download up to twice as quickly using SPDY, a new application-layer protocol it's experimenting with, the company said in a blog post.
Adobe Systems has acquired Business Catalyst, which provides a platform for Web professionals to build online businesses, and its GoodBarry subsidiary, Adobe confirmed on Monday.
If you'd like to create photo albums on the Web, you won't find a simpler way to do it than using Porta. With a click or two, you'll be able to create completely formatted HTML-based albums, ready for the Web. To make the album live, upload its entir...
If the next generation of Internet startups presenting at Le Web 08 conference in Paris have their way, the Web of the future could look like one big social-networking site.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New DMA Locker ransomware is ramping up for widespread attacks
- The legal mumbo jumbo on popular mobile apps can take over 24 hours to read
- Need more analytics speed? Cray wants to light a fire under your big data
- Tips and apps to improve your sales
- Why technology is so scary for three-quarters of Aussie businesses
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCSystem AdmimistratorQLD
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCOracle Payroll Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCQA OfficerACT
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCProject Coordinator-IT Application Software Implementation BckgNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCAmazon Web Services (AWS) IT SupportWA
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- FTTechnical WriterACT