Aiming to provide more transparency in how it develops Internet Explorer, Microsoft has launched a website to help keep developers abreast of the latest changes and plans for the browser.
Streamlining a development process that typically involves many steps, Zend has released a cross-platform, open-source package for building application programming interfaces that can be used for sharing data and functionality across different applic...
Mainframe operators using BMC software may now be able to enjoy the speedy, devops-style development pace that is quickly becoming the norm for customer-facing mobile applications and Internet services.
Borrowing a page from the recently revised Microsoft playbook, development tools maker Telerik has released as open source the bulk of its Kendo software library of components for building Web and mobile applications
Facebook has released a programming language called Hack, which marries the ease of PHP with the rigorous safety controls of older languages such as C++.
Google has updated its cross-platform Play Games service, and promises it has more in store for this week's Game Developers Conference in San Francisco.
Rounding out its hosting service for millions of users, the GitHub online code repository has added more bandwidth for project home pages and has introduced analytics to summarize the Web traffic each project generates.
In light of overall low adoption of HTTP security headers, Mozilla is advising webmasters to at least implement X-Frame-Options on their sites, arguing that this header can prevent several types of attacks.
Ruby on Rails users are advised to upgrade to newly released versions of the Web development framework that contain important security fixes, according to the Rails development team.
The number of DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attacks that target weak spots in Web applications in addition to network services has risen during the past year and attackers are using increasingly sophisticated methods to bypass defenses, accord...
Developers can now submit Web apps and offer them alongside native Android-based programs on Amazon's Appstore.
Mozilla and Google have updated their browsers with features to help developers more effectively write and debug their websites.
For the launch of its much-discussed Chromecast device for streaming content to TVs, Google focused largely on how users will be able to display YouTube and Netflix videos on their televisions. But the company is also encouraging third-party develope...
In its ongoing challenge to attract more users to Windows 8, Microsoft is offering bits of its Bing Internet search service to boost the functionality of third-party Windows Store applications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Italian police shutter Dark Web marketplace
- New Google Glass for businesses will reportedly attach to other eyewear
- Ad group urges FTC to reject right to be forgotten in US
- Hacker steals Bitdefender customer log-in credentials, attempts blackmail
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, July 31
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW