Aiming to provide more transparency in how it develops Internet Explorer, Microsoft has launched a website to help keep developers abreast of the latest changes and plans for the browser.
Streamlining a development process that typically involves many steps, Zend has released a cross-platform, open-source package for building application programming interfaces that can be used for sharing data and functionality across different applic...
Mainframe operators using BMC software may now be able to enjoy the speedy, devops-style development pace that is quickly becoming the norm for customer-facing mobile applications and Internet services.
Borrowing a page from the recently revised Microsoft playbook, development tools maker Telerik has released as open source the bulk of its Kendo software library of components for building Web and mobile applications
Facebook has released a programming language called Hack, which marries the ease of PHP with the rigorous safety controls of older languages such as C++.
Google has updated its cross-platform Play Games service, and promises it has more in store for this week's Game Developers Conference in San Francisco.
Rounding out its hosting service for millions of users, the GitHub online code repository has added more bandwidth for project home pages and has introduced analytics to summarize the Web traffic each project generates.
In light of overall low adoption of HTTP security headers, Mozilla is advising webmasters to at least implement X-Frame-Options on their sites, arguing that this header can prevent several types of attacks.
Ruby on Rails users are advised to upgrade to newly released versions of the Web development framework that contain important security fixes, according to the Rails development team.
The number of DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attacks that target weak spots in Web applications in addition to network services has risen during the past year and attackers are using increasingly sophisticated methods to bypass defenses, accord...
Developers can now submit Web apps and offer them alongside native Android-based programs on Amazon's Appstore.
Mozilla and Google have updated their browsers with features to help developers more effectively write and debug their websites.
For the launch of its much-discussed Chromecast device for streaming content to TVs, Google focused largely on how users will be able to display YouTube and Netflix videos on their televisions. But the company is also encouraging third-party develope...
In its ongoing challenge to attract more users to Windows 8, Microsoft is offering bits of its Bing Internet search service to boost the functionality of third-party Windows Store applications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Make a Wi-Fi gadget with a $9.99 Orange Pi development board
- Mediatek's developer board features a 10-core chip and Android 6.0
- Bringing IoT data into public clouds is getting easier
- Six senators demand more details about the Yahoo data breach
- Swift CEO reveals three more failed attacks on banking network
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT