Aiming to provide more transparency in how it develops Internet Explorer, Microsoft has launched a website to help keep developers abreast of the latest changes and plans for the browser.
Streamlining a development process that typically involves many steps, Zend has released a cross-platform, open-source package for building application programming interfaces that can be used for sharing data and functionality across different applic...
Mainframe operators using BMC software may now be able to enjoy the speedy, devops-style development pace that is quickly becoming the norm for customer-facing mobile applications and Internet services.
Borrowing a page from the recently revised Microsoft playbook, development tools maker Telerik has released as open source the bulk of its Kendo software library of components for building Web and mobile applications
Facebook has released a programming language called Hack, which marries the ease of PHP with the rigorous safety controls of older languages such as C++.
Google has updated its cross-platform Play Games service, and promises it has more in store for this week's Game Developers Conference in San Francisco.
Rounding out its hosting service for millions of users, the GitHub online code repository has added more bandwidth for project home pages and has introduced analytics to summarize the Web traffic each project generates.
In light of overall low adoption of HTTP security headers, Mozilla is advising webmasters to at least implement X-Frame-Options on their sites, arguing that this header can prevent several types of attacks.
Ruby on Rails users are advised to upgrade to newly released versions of the Web development framework that contain important security fixes, according to the Rails development team.
The number of DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attacks that target weak spots in Web applications in addition to network services has risen during the past year and attackers are using increasingly sophisticated methods to bypass defenses, accord...
Developers can now submit Web apps and offer them alongside native Android-based programs on Amazon's Appstore.
Mozilla and Google have updated their browsers with features to help developers more effectively write and debug their websites.
For the launch of its much-discussed Chromecast device for streaming content to TVs, Google focused largely on how users will be able to display YouTube and Netflix videos on their televisions. But the company is also encouraging third-party develope...
In its ongoing challenge to attract more users to Windows 8, Microsoft is offering bits of its Bing Internet search service to boost the functionality of third-party Windows Store applications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Telstra's mobile network goes down across the country
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
- 5G might be your next home broadband service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC