For a relatively new medium, the World Wide Web still relies on a comparatively ancient method of presenting information to the reader, that of scrolling. Now, the creator of the widely used CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), and current CTO of Opera, wan...
In addition to using Dell's Boomi integration service to move data from one cloud to another, users of the service can now also create simple business rules to reroute data to different locations, the company announced Tuesday.
After helping pave the way for platform independent websites and applications, the Mozilla Foundation has set a new, and ambitious, task for itself to standardize mobile applications on the Web platform as well, according to a talk given by its chief...
Adobe is planning to launch a series of Internet-hosted services, called Creative Cloud, designed for creators of digital content, the company said Monday.
Whether you're running a business out of your den or from a penthouse in the sky, you don't have time or money to waste on second-rate tools. These well-designed services and resources are among the best the Web offers for small and midsize businesse...
In the last 13 years, PayPal has expanded far beyond its initial growth spurt on auction Websites. According to its second-quarter results, the online payment service busted through the $1 billion-earnings mark and is processing more than $315 millio...
Building a website has never been easier. Gone -- mostly -- are the days of having to hand-code HTML and PHP scripts in order to get a slick, fully functional website, thanks to the capabilities of content management systems that do most or all of th...
Amazon's SDKs (software development kits) for Android and Apple's iOS have exited the beta testing phase, the company said on Wednesday.
Ruby on Rails creator David Heinemeier Hansson has released version 3.1 of his open-source Web application development framework, adding new features that should speed the rendering of Web pages for users.
One of my recent projects has been designing and building a Web platform for Community Emergency Response Teams. CERTs are local organizations that exist to provide emergency services such as fire suppression, medical assistance and search and rescue...
The cloud, it seems, might be a little bit like Palmolive’s tagline from its old TV commercials--people just don't know they’re soaking in it.
In anticipation of the fall release of iCloud, Apple this week set icloud.com live for developers. iCloud represents a revamped version of Apple's existing Mail, Contacts, and Calendar, and integrates the document sharing features of iWork.com.
CA said on Wednesday it plans to acquire Interactive TKO, which offers a simulation platform designed to reduce the time it takes to develop and test complex applications, for US$330 million in cash.
Online storage service Dropbox made an embarrassing error Monday, turning off password authentication for millions of users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Need more analytics speed? Cray wants to light a fire under your big data
- Tips and apps to improve your sales
- Why technology is so scary for three-quarters of Aussie businesses
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Facebook denies bias in Trending Topics, but promises changes nevertheless
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCProject Coordinator-IT Application Software Implementation BckgNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCinstructional DesignerACT
- CCScrum MasterACT
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCPMO SupportQLD
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCAmazon Web Services (AWS) IT SupportWA
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW