Like the idea of Google TV, with its web browsing, applications and powerful search, but don't want another box sitting around your TV? Then you'll love the new HDTVs Sony unveiled at a press event in New York today. They incorporate the same Google ...
Internet-enabled TV sets could see wider adoption in the next few years as viewers get comfortable with the idea of running widgets on TV screens, according to a study released by Ernst & Young on Thursday.
Web video site Joost is restructuring, abandoning its hopes to be a successful ad-supported Web TV provider. Instead it will sell its video-serving technology to other media companies.
Adobe Systems on Monday unveiled a version of its Flash multimedia streaming technology that would allow people to run entertainment programming directly to television sets from the Internet, a new option for the rapidly changing digital-home market.
Major League Baseball's fee-based MLB.TV game video-streaming service is having technical problems that are affecting the quality of the Web broadcasts.
That little Android mascot must be struggling to catch his breath.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
- How does China respond to US chip threats? With a $30 billion factory
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- TPProject Manager - eDRMSQLD
- CCSenior IT Digital BA/Project ManagerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- CCMaster Planner /SchedulerQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA