Mozilla and Opera Software on Wednesday backed Google's new open-source, royalty-free video format, and all three browser makers issued developer builds incorporating WebM.
The news this week of Google's open-source release of the HD video codec VP8 plays into the ongoing debate over which video codec browsers can use to display high-definition video without a plug-in, such as Adobe Flash or Microsoft Silverlight.
Wal-Mart Stores is taking another swing at the online movie business with the acquisition of Vudu.
The latest rewrite of the Web's mother tongue won't recommend the use of specific audio and video encoding formats that could make it cheaper and easier for people to distribute multimedia content.
Major League Baseball's fee-based MLB.TV game video-streaming service is having technical problems that are affecting the quality of the Web broadcasts.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung still struggling with the recovery of Note7 phones from users
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)VIC
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- TPAutomation Test EngineerQLD
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Python DeveloperVIC
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectVIC
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA