Yahoo's improving stock price following a CEO shakeup makes the Internet portal ripe for a sale, and speculation is flying about industry titans that may bid for the company.
The explosive proliferation of daily deal outfits like Groupon, LivingSocial, Woot and their countless copycat sites hasn’t led to deal fatigue, according to researchers from Rice and Cornell universities.
Google says it's working to keep the virtual lights on for businesses that are being incorrectly labeled as "closed" on Google Maps. The issue was raised in a New York Times article that profiled a handful of businesses that had been temporarily labe...
Hurricane Irene has its sights set on the East Coast, and that has easterners checking websites and mobile apps to stay up to date on its progress. The Weather Channel has already <a href="http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-weather-channel-c...
One of my recent projects has been designing and building a Web platform for Community Emergency Response Teams. CERTs are local organizations that exist to provide emergency services such as fire suppression, medical assistance and search and rescue...
Since the beginning of 2010, a whopping 200,000 BitTorrent users have been sued in mass file-sharing lawsuits by copyright trolls, according to TorrentFreak.
Faceboook.com is the domain to have (count the 'o's) if phishing scams are your game. That's because it's the most popular mistyped entry into a browser URL bar, according to data collected and analyzed by Chris Finke from his browser add-on, URL Fix...
Search engine optimization companies have started targeting Google's +1 feature -- you can now pay companies to "+1" your website.
URL shortening services that allow you to truncate lengthy Web addresses into shorter links have been around for a while now, but today Google announced g.co, a new URL shortener that links only to official Google products and services.
Online theft is a fact of life nowadays, but yesterday a BitCoin user woke to find his haul of virtual currency had been plundered.
Looks like Apple finds itself in the middle of another trademark dispute over a recently revealed product.
Your PC's hard drive may have half a terabyte of data on its platters, and you might not remember the last time you backed any of it up. In all likelihood, though, you use only a few gigabytes' worth of files on a regular basis. With a combination of...
Voltage Pictures, producers of the Oscar-winning 2009 film "The Hurt Locker," is suing 24,583 BitTorrent users for downloading the film.
Compuware Gomez is debuting Internet Health Map, a tool that provides nearly real-time visual data on the flow of data through the Internet. The map is so accurate that it not only covers the Internet's backbone, but also goes down to the last mile o...
Thanks to an anti-Google smear campaign ordered by Facebook and carried out by a PR agency, the relationship between Facebook and Google is unquestionably broken beyond repair. And that's bad news for users of both services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon testing parcel deliveries by drones in the UK
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- FBI probes DNC hack as suspicions of Russian involvement widen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- CCMiddleware ConsultantVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT