Yahoo's improving stock price following a CEO shakeup makes the Internet portal ripe for a sale, and speculation is flying about industry titans that may bid for the company.
The explosive proliferation of daily deal outfits like Groupon, LivingSocial, Woot and their countless copycat sites hasn’t led to deal fatigue, according to researchers from Rice and Cornell universities.
Google says it's working to keep the virtual lights on for businesses that are being incorrectly labeled as "closed" on Google Maps. The issue was raised in a New York Times article that profiled a handful of businesses that had been temporarily labe...
Hurricane Irene has its sights set on the East Coast, and that has easterners checking websites and mobile apps to stay up to date on its progress. The Weather Channel has already <a href="http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-weather-channel-c...
One of my recent projects has been designing and building a Web platform for Community Emergency Response Teams. CERTs are local organizations that exist to provide emergency services such as fire suppression, medical assistance and search and rescue...
Since the beginning of 2010, a whopping 200,000 BitTorrent users have been sued in mass file-sharing lawsuits by copyright trolls, according to TorrentFreak.
Faceboook.com is the domain to have (count the 'o's) if phishing scams are your game. That's because it's the most popular mistyped entry into a browser URL bar, according to data collected and analyzed by Chris Finke from his browser add-on, URL Fix...
Search engine optimization companies have started targeting Google's +1 feature -- you can now pay companies to "+1" your website.
URL shortening services that allow you to truncate lengthy Web addresses into shorter links have been around for a while now, but today Google announced g.co, a new URL shortener that links only to official Google products and services.
Online theft is a fact of life nowadays, but yesterday a BitCoin user woke to find his haul of virtual currency had been plundered.
Looks like Apple finds itself in the middle of another trademark dispute over a recently revealed product.
Your PC's hard drive may have half a terabyte of data on its platters, and you might not remember the last time you backed any of it up. In all likelihood, though, you use only a few gigabytes' worth of files on a regular basis. With a combination of...
Voltage Pictures, producers of the Oscar-winning 2009 film "The Hurt Locker," is suing 24,583 BitTorrent users for downloading the film.
Compuware Gomez is debuting Internet Health Map, a tool that provides nearly real-time visual data on the flow of data through the Internet. The map is so accurate that it not only covers the Internet's backbone, but also goes down to the last mile o...
Thanks to an anti-Google smear campaign ordered by Facebook and carried out by a PR agency, the relationship between Facebook and Google is unquestionably broken beyond repair. And that's bad news for users of both services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalised domains are hard to block
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- FTTeam AssistantVIC
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- FTScrum Coach / Agile CoachACT
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- CCETL/BI /Data Stage DeveloperACT
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- TPFront-End DeveloperNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- CCChange / Communications AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW