Here's a common hassle: You sign up for some freebie, promotion, or service that requires your e-mail address--and suddenly your inbox is deluged with ads, notifications, and other spam.
A Flickr user says the site accidentally deleted his account -- with more than 4,000 photos on it - and can't recover it.
Your move Apple: Google announced that they are changing Chrome's support of HTML5 'video' to be, in Google's view, more friendly towards open development. The H.264 codec is being removed in favor of the Theora and VP8 video codecs as well as any h...
One way to gage the popularity of a product is to propose killing it. Coca Cola found that out the hard way. Now Yahoo has discovered it too with its ill-conceived move to "sunset" the popular social bookmarking site Delicious. Unlike Coke, though, i...
Watch out, TSA: Google's getting into the game of exploring the human body.
Amazon isn't accepting the launch of Google's eBookstore without a fight: the company will unveil a revamped Web-only version of its Kindle app today, according to a Computerworld report.
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for WikiLeaks the site loses its URL and online data graphs, hackers continue to attack it, and U.S. Senator Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) is trying to hound the site out of existence. The outrage directed ag...
Three founders of The Pirate Bay lost their appeal to a Swedish court, and are still liable for months of prison time and millions of dollars for copyright infringement.
Greetings, sentient beings of the Internet, and welcome to another edition of Viral Views! Today on Viral Views we remember our childhood, check out a zombie killing teddy bear, and find out what it means to love yourself just a little too much. Let'...
Adobe uploaded a preview of its new (and perhaps overdue) prototype tool for HTML5 animation, codenamed "Adobe Edge" (not to be confused with Adobe's monthly newsletter) Monday.
Yahoo caught the redesign bug and gave Yahoo Mail a big makeover.
As it warned us last week, Twitter launched another scheme today to exploit its 200 million users for advertising purposes. In addition, it took some baby steps toward smoothing relations between itself and third-party developers.
A couple weeks ago, Google took the wraps off Priority Inbox, a clever Gmail feature that helps separate the message wheat from the message chaff.
Another week, another Facebook privacy issue.
The world is still abuzz over the whistleblower site WikiLeaks, and its publication of more than 75,000 classified documents detailing the war in Afghanistan. WikiLeaks had previously sent the documents, along with 15,000 as yet unpublished files, t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Qatar National Bank claims customer data released by hackers is authentic
- Optus offers unlimited data for new home broadband bundles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia