Here's a common hassle: You sign up for some freebie, promotion, or service that requires your e-mail address--and suddenly your inbox is deluged with ads, notifications, and other spam.
A Flickr user says the site accidentally deleted his account -- with more than 4,000 photos on it - and can't recover it.
Your move Apple: Google announced that they are changing Chrome's support of HTML5 'video' to be, in Google's view, more friendly towards open development. The H.264 codec is being removed in favor of the Theora and VP8 video codecs as well as any h...
One way to gage the popularity of a product is to propose killing it. Coca Cola found that out the hard way. Now Yahoo has discovered it too with its ill-conceived move to "sunset" the popular social bookmarking site Delicious. Unlike Coke, though, i...
Watch out, TSA: Google's getting into the game of exploring the human body.
Amazon isn't accepting the launch of Google's eBookstore without a fight: the company will unveil a revamped Web-only version of its Kindle app today, according to a Computerworld report.
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for WikiLeaks the site loses its URL and online data graphs, hackers continue to attack it, and U.S. Senator Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) is trying to hound the site out of existence. The outrage directed ag...
Three founders of The Pirate Bay lost their appeal to a Swedish court, and are still liable for months of prison time and millions of dollars for copyright infringement.
Greetings, sentient beings of the Internet, and welcome to another edition of Viral Views! Today on Viral Views we remember our childhood, check out a zombie killing teddy bear, and find out what it means to love yourself just a little too much. Let'...
Adobe uploaded a preview of its new (and perhaps overdue) prototype tool for HTML5 animation, codenamed "Adobe Edge" (not to be confused with Adobe's monthly newsletter) Monday.
Yahoo caught the redesign bug and gave Yahoo Mail a big makeover.
As it warned us last week, Twitter launched another scheme today to exploit its 200 million users for advertising purposes. In addition, it took some baby steps toward smoothing relations between itself and third-party developers.
A couple weeks ago, Google took the wraps off Priority Inbox, a clever Gmail feature that helps separate the message wheat from the message chaff.
Another week, another Facebook privacy issue.
The world is still abuzz over the whistleblower site WikiLeaks, and its publication of more than 75,000 classified documents detailing the war in Afghanistan. WikiLeaks had previously sent the documents, along with 15,000 as yet unpublished files, t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dyn DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
- DDoS attacks from webcams, routers hit Singapore's StarHub
- Emergency Flash Player patch fixes zero-day critical flaw
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPega DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTMigration Release CoordinatorACT
- TPSalesforce DeveloperQLD
- CCData Analyst | Data Management FrameworkNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCDynamics AX Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCBI Program Director/ManagerNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- CCSecurity Incident Response Handler - TelcoVIC
- TPProgram Control ManagerSA
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- FTFrontend Developer/DesignerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- TPChange Manager | GovernmentQLD