If you feel like you need eyes in the back of your head, there's a crowdsourcing app for that.
Unifying communications (UC) by replacing separate PCs and telephones with a PC equipped with a headset and some telephony software can sound like a great idea until the first electricity bill for those always-on PCs comes in. Fujitsu hopes to end th...
French tablet maker Archos is using a tweaked version of Bluetooth Low Energy to monitor and control smart devices around the home.
From mundane 2D devices, integrated cameras in laptops and tablets in the future will change into powerful 3D tools that can sense movement, track emotion, and even monitor reading habits of children, according to Intel.
Adobe is working on a fix for a Flash Player vulnerability that can be exploited via clickjacking techniques to turn on people's webcams or microphones without their knowledge.
German researchers have given a new meaning to window shopping. At the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin the Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute showed a prototype that lets shoppers learn more about what's in a store display window when the st...
A Taiwanese producer of plastic lenses said on Wednesday its March revenues shot up because of a surge in orders from tablet PC makers, indicating that cameras will be installed on devices due for release later in the year.
OmniVision Technologies has introduced its OV2720, which it claims is the world's smallest high-definition (HD) CMOS image sensor. It's intended for notebooks, netbooks, and webcams. For the uninitiated, OmniVision develops camera technology for phon...
The parents of a Pennsylvania high school student have asked a federal judge to bar school district personnel from switching on cameras in school-issued MacBook laptops, calling the security feature "peeping tom technology."
Sometimes people use technology such as artificial limbs to regain capabilities that they have lost. San Francisco artist Tanya Vlach lost her left eye in a 2005 car accident. Since then she has used a prosthetic eye, but now she wants something more...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCinstructional DesignerACT
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCCommunications OfficeACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW