RIM is expanding its effort to redefine the Web browsing experience for BlackBerry users. In a recent job posting on LinkedIn, RIM asked for an expert C++ programmer who is firmly grounded in the open source Webkit browser engine.
BlackBerry phones may soon get a new browser, now that Research In Motion has acquired Torch Mobile.
Although Google's Chrome was the only browser left standing after March's Pwn2Own hacking contest, it was vulnerable to the same bug that a German college student used to bring down Apple's Safari, Google acknowledged this week.
Microsoft has given its most ringing endorsement of open source Web browsers to date with chief executive officer Steve Ballmer not ruling out adopting such technology as an alternative to its own popular Internet Explorer, saying it is "interesting"...
Developers working on WebKit announced late last week that the newest build of the browser engine, which powers both Apple's Safari and Google's Chrome, has aced all of the requirements of an important Web standards test.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testingVIC
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- FTRF EngineerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW