Webroot Internet Security Essentials falls short on new-threat detection
Cybercriminals behind a new ransomware program called CoinVault are trying out a new psychological tactic to convince users to pay up -- freebies.
Cybercriminals are spreading a new file-encrypting ransomware program that's more powerful and resilient than Cryptolocker, a threat recently shut down by the U.S. Department of Justice.
More fixes are appearing for a pair of highly dangerous vulnerabilities exposed earlier this month in the Android mobile operating system.
Webroot has revamped its antivirus product line, moving to a cloud-based system that it says is better suited to detect the deluge of malicious software circulating on the Internet.
If you haven't bought a new version of your antivirus software in a couple of years, now may be a good time to do so. Malware is evolving faster than ever, and the latest generation of antivirus software is better equipped to handle this rapid pace o...
Whitepapers about Webroot
Closing the circle: Why you need to protect endpoints and mobile devices together Endpoint protection has gotten more complicated In this white paper we will discuss: • Why traditional endpoints and mobile devices require overlapping (but not identical) security solutions. • How to enhance the protection of all endpoints by adding web security. • Why today’s threats require that endpoint protection and mobile device protection activities be moved to the cloud. • How Webroot makes it easy to “close the circle” by managing endpoint protection, mobile device protection and web security through one infrastructure.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- FTILSP ManagerNSW
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC
- FTClient Service AdministratorNSW
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTProduct Designer - UIVIC