WD's My Passport Wireless Pro external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server.
Network-attached storage (NAS) devices are riddled with vulnerabilities that can put the security of sensitive data and networks at risk, a researcher has found. To prove his point, he has created a proof-of-concept worm that can infect devices from ...
Western Digital’s My Passport Wireless is a Windows- and Mac-compatible, portable hard disk drive intended for the wireless offloading and consumption of data.
A security review of network-attached storage (NAS) devices from multiple manufacturers revealed that they typically have more vulnerabilities than home routers, a class of devices known for poor security and vulnerable code.
Western Digital is shipping two new 6TB hard drives as it tries to make its highest-capacity storage products affordable.
Western Digital has added more in-home video-streaming options and file-format support to its latest WD TV Personal Edition.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST), a Western Digital company, is putting helium into its hard disk drives (HDDs) to boost their capacity.
Western Digital’s (WD) flash storage expansion drive has moved through yet another phase, with the storage vendor announcing it has completed its acquisition of Virident Systems for $US685 million.
Western Digital is continuing its acquisition spree of flash storage companies, announcing a definitive agreement to buy enterprise solid-state drive (SSD) vendor Virident for $US685 million.
Western Digital's NAS-optimised 'WD Red' drives are now available in 2.5-inch models at 750GB and 1TB, and a new 4TB model pushes up the maximum capacity of the existing 3.5-inch range.
Some of the biggest names in hard disk drives will band together this week to remind the world that storage isn't all about flash.
Western Digital plans to acquire sTec to boost its presence in the market for enterprise solid-state drives.
The drive towards dirt-cheap Ultrabooks is getting a big boost with the release of Western Digital's new ultra-slim spinning hard drive, a barely there piece of hardware that is even thinner than the iPhone 5.
Western Digital has acquired data protection company Arkeia Software as it looks to address growing storage demands among small and medium-size companies.
An SSD can read and write data many times faster than the best mechanical hard drive. On the downside, flash memory is many times more expensive than the innards of a typical hard drive, so manufacturers have limited their SSD capacities to hit reaso...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Backdoor accounts found in 80 Sony IP security camera models
- Arago teaches an AI to play games, the better to manage IT systems
- Microsoft's LinkedIn deal clears the EU, will close in the coming days
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Dropbox boosts mobile productivity with offline folder support
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- CCTechnical Writer - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)ACT
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW