A proposal to overhaul U.S. subsidies and shift money to broadband deployment needs backing from lawmakers, supporters said in a letter to congressional leaders Thursday.
Western Telecommunications Alliance
A U.S. Federal Communications Commission program that subsidizes telephone service in rural areas would transition into broadband subsidies under a plan released Friday by six telecom carriers and three trade groups representing small carriers.
In an effort to balance the U.S. government's books, some Republicans have proposed taking US$1billion from a fund that subsidizes rural telephone and broadband service and using it to reduce the government's budget deficit.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 2 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 3 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
- 4 Medion Akoya MD99410 (E1232T) touchscreen laptop
- 5 HTC Desire 610 smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Sony Xperia Z3: On sale in Australia Today
- A year later, Ellison apologizes for standing up his customers
- Nextdoor, an app for connecting with neighborhoods, puts on its police cap
- Top Twitter reactions to Windows 10
- Here's what's in Asus' $2,699 Zenbook NX500 laptop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.