A proposal to overhaul U.S. subsidies and shift money to broadband deployment needs backing from lawmakers, supporters said in a letter to congressional leaders Thursday.
Western Telecommunications Alliance
A U.S. Federal Communications Commission program that subsidizes telephone service in rural areas would transition into broadband subsidies under a plan released Friday by six telecom carriers and three trade groups representing small carriers.
In an effort to balance the U.S. government's books, some Republicans have proposed taking US$1billion from a fund that subsidizes rural telephone and broadband service and using it to reduce the government's budget deficit.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G3 review
- 2 MiPad: Xiaomi's first tablet reviewed
- 3 Asus G550JK gaming notebook
- 4 TP-Link Archer D7 AC1750 Wireless Modem Router
- 5 Nokia Lumia 635 review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Latest News Articles
- Harman Kardon CL headphones review
- Mitro makes password manager open source as team heads to Twitter
- Microsoft security tool EMET 5.0 puts a leash on plugins
- AMD A10-7800 (Kaveri) APU
- Some are twisting the facts in requests to be forgotten, Google says
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- 12% off $479.95
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »