A new feature of Wi-Fi could help people find both each other and things nearby, without even being near a hotspot.
The Wi-Fi Alliance warned that LTE on unlicensed frequencies could interfere with Wi-Fi and said it plans to collaborate with the 3GPP cellular standards group to help prevent that.
The Wi-Fi Direct standard for linking two devices without a LAN is about to get easier to use.
Security-savvy mobile-device users are increasingly casting a skeptical eye on public Wi-Fi, and now the vendor consortium behind the wireless standard wants to make logging in via that coffee shop network a bit safer.
The WiGig high-speed wireless standard will power a new wireless version of USB through a deal between the Wi-Fi Alliance and the USB Implementers Forum.
Most of the tablets, TVs, ultrabooks and smartphones on display at International CES this week ultimately are bound for someone's home, where they'll have to talk to each other. Six major home networking technologies to make that happen will be on di...
So this guy at AirTight Networks says Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 has a "hard shell on the outside, but a soft underbelly inside"due to an overlooked vulnerability, and an attacker can decrypt traffic that's been encrypted with WPA2. Is this total panic...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Maps of Google and other services could require security clearance in India
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
- FTTN revenue begins to trickle in for NBN
- HP partners with Intel to invigorate STEM (+4 photos)
- NBN set to hit 1 million connections
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTMultiple opportunities for Front and Back end Web DevelopersVIC
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW