New research conducted on behalf of the Wi-Fi Alliance shows that while wireless users are making strides on the security front, they’re still leaving their Wi-Fi networks too open to intruders.
Cisco is beefing up wireless transaction security with new software features for its Wi-Fi access points. The vendor says the changes add needed protection over and above that mandated by the Payment Card Industry (PCI) standard.
The 802.11n standard was ratified in 2009 and WiFi really took off in 2010, with support showing up in an array of consumer electronic devices. Unfortunately security related issues escalated right along with growing acceptance. Here’s a look back a...
Beginning Sept. 30, Visa will require merchants and related businesses to conduct wireless security scans to prove compliance with version 1.2 of the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) which is designed to safeguard cardholder data from wireless th...
Apple has done enough security-wise with its iPhone and iPad to make many CSOs comfortable with the mobile devices connecting to corporate networks, but Google's Android still has a ways to go.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
- For cordless VR and more, WiGig may be worth the wait
- Physical RAM attack can root Android and possibly other devices
- Chinese firm recalls camera products linked to massive DDOS attack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW