New research conducted on behalf of the Wi-Fi Alliance shows that while wireless users are making strides on the security front, they’re still leaving their Wi-Fi networks too open to intruders.
Cisco is beefing up wireless transaction security with new software features for its Wi-Fi access points. The vendor says the changes add needed protection over and above that mandated by the Payment Card Industry (PCI) standard.
The 802.11n standard was ratified in 2009 and WiFi really took off in 2010, with support showing up in an array of consumer electronic devices. Unfortunately security related issues escalated right along with growing acceptance. Here’s a look back a...
Beginning Sept. 30, Visa will require merchants and related businesses to conduct wireless security scans to prove compliance with version 1.2 of the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) which is designed to safeguard cardholder data from wireless th...
Apple has done enough security-wise with its iPhone and iPad to make many CSOs comfortable with the mobile devices connecting to corporate networks, but Google's Android still has a ways to go.
Wi-Fi support has made its way into all kinds of consumer devices -- from smartphones to gaming consoles, cameras, DVD players and televisions -- and it is often implemented with native connection sharing capabilities. While great for consumers, this...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC