It's been a busy six months for security chills and spills, so here's our semi-annual update on the "biggest security snafus so far" this year.
Symantec today said the updated version of its Data Loss Prevention (DLP) suite will be able to monitor confidential data sent by e-mail via Apple iPhones and iPads.
We all know that relying on a simple user ID and password combination is fraught with peril. One alternative is to use one of the single sign-on solutions we reviewed last year, but there are less expensive options that could also be easier to instal...
Despite the best efforts of cloud service providers and industry groups like the Cloud Security Alliance, cloud security remains a troublesome issue for IT execs.
A big theme at the RSA Conference this year is a concept known as Big Data Security -- the idea that massive amounts of data related to both network security and of business context should be stockpiled to be analyzed to pinpoint malware, rogue insid...
Dell can trump Cisco in the information-technology security market, say Dell's executives in describing how the company with its multifaceted approach will hold an edge against some powerful rivals that also include HP and IBM.
Businesses that want to make use of consumer-grade smartphones and tablets as a point-of-sale device to process payment cards are being advised to only do so when appropriate encryption controls and other security measures are in place.
Whenever the topic of security is mentioned in the context of cloud computing, it is usually discussed as the "big barrier" to adoption. The perceived or actual lack of security in the cloud makes it impossible for businesses to make the leap into th...
A recently discovered category of malware -- advanced evasion techniques -- can sneak through most intrusion-prevention systems to deliver even well-known exploits such as Sasser and Conficker to targeted machines without leaving a trace of how they ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSystems Engineer -SOE/VDIACT
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationNSW
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Wealth ManagementNSW
- TPXamarin DeveloperQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- FTProduct Manager - TV and MediaVIC
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC