It's been a busy six months for security chills and spills, so here's our semi-annual update on the "biggest security snafus so far" this year.
Symantec today said the updated version of its Data Loss Prevention (DLP) suite will be able to monitor confidential data sent by e-mail via Apple iPhones and iPads.
We all know that relying on a simple user ID and password combination is fraught with peril. One alternative is to use one of the single sign-on solutions we reviewed last year, but there are less expensive options that could also be easier to instal...
Despite the best efforts of cloud service providers and industry groups like the Cloud Security Alliance, cloud security remains a troublesome issue for IT execs.
A big theme at the RSA Conference this year is a concept known as Big Data Security -- the idea that massive amounts of data related to both network security and of business context should be stockpiled to be analyzed to pinpoint malware, rogue insid...
Dell can trump Cisco in the information-technology security market, say Dell's executives in describing how the company with its multifaceted approach will hold an edge against some powerful rivals that also include HP and IBM.
Businesses that want to make use of consumer-grade smartphones and tablets as a point-of-sale device to process payment cards are being advised to only do so when appropriate encryption controls and other security measures are in place.
Whenever the topic of security is mentioned in the context of cloud computing, it is usually discussed as the "big barrier" to adoption. The perceived or actual lack of security in the cloud makes it impossible for businesses to make the leap into th...
A recently discovered category of malware -- advanced evasion techniques -- can sneak through most intrusion-prevention systems to deliver even well-known exploits such as Sasser and Conficker to targeted machines without leaving a trace of how they ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google turns on HTTPS for all blogspot blogs
- Critical flaws in ImageMagick library expose websites to hacking
- Ads mislead over broadband Internet access pricing, regulator warns
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTMultiple opportunities for Front and Back end Web DevelopersVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCMEAN Stack DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC