The new router sports 802.11ac and 802.11ad, a built-in Plex server, 10Gbps networking, and bonded gigabit Ethernet.
On Wednesday, the Wi-Fi Alliance released a test plan for LTE-Unlicensed products, which would bring 4G cellular to unlicensed spectrum bands that Wi-Fi users depend on.
The U.S. National Science Foundation will spend more than US$400 million over the next seven years to fund next-generation wireless research in an effort to bring super-fast mobile service to the country.
Satellite operator Globalstar’s plan to open a new Wi-Fi channel under its control is nearing the moment of truth after years of regulatory wrangling.
New home Wi-Fi routers have some impressive advanced features to help boost speed, range and capacity. Network World Lab Alliance member David Newman explains how beamforming and MU-MIMO technologies work in the latest Wi-Fi routers.
After more than a year of rancor over whether it would hurt Wi-Fi, a technology that lets LTE networks use unlicensed spectrum may have already missed its window of opportunity.
New wireless technology developed by researchers at MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab promises to kill the Wi-Fi password at last.
A new generation of SatSleeve models means mobile users in regional Australia can have 100% coverage where line of sight to the Optus Thuraya satellite exists, according to Optus.
Those face-meltingly fast new 802.11ac routers might not be king of the wireless networking world for long. Samsung recently announced it's developing new 802.11ad Wi-Fi technology that can turbocharge network speeds fivefold, from today's 866Mbps p...
With a simple software upgrade, wireless audio pioneer Sonos is getting rid of the need for a Sonos Bridge. Instead, users will now be able to directly connect Sonos's multi-room wireless speakers to their Wi-Fi network.
Improved silicon and firmware from Ozmo Devices will turn a Wi-Fi-equipped Windows 7 laptop into a local hotspot for peripherals such as a keyboard and mouse.
Queensland government electricity agency Powerlink will roll out a secure Wi-Fi network for four of its primary sites .
Yesterday, coffee-purveyor Starbucks reversed course on its long-standing in-store Wi-Fi policy by announcing that starting July 1, Wi-Fi would be free in all its U.S. establishments.
In a reversal of course, Google now says that it will give European regulators data it secretly collected from open wireless networks over the past three years.
Google's Street View Cars have logged every wireless network in the UK, it has been revealed.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
- Ex-NSA contractor hoarded two decades' worth of secrets
- Cloud growth continues to be the name of the game for Microsoft
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCField EngineerVIC
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTIncident & Problem AnalystVIC
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT