With an eye to letting people link more devices and displays without using cables, the Wireless Gigabit Alliance plans to bring DisplayPort technology into its specification.
The Wireless Gigabit Alliance may be on its way to dominating the market for multi-gigabit in-room wireless networks after the powerful Wi-Fi Alliance said it would study the group's specification as part of Wi-Fi certification and a key rival announ...
The Wireless Gigabit Alliance has completed its specification for a technology to deliver as much as 7G bps (bits per second) over a very high unlicensed frequency band.
The newly formed Wireless Gigabit (WiGig) Alliance looks likely to play a big role in the future of Wi-Fi, but its high-speed technology probably won't squeeze out wired multimedia networks.
Seventeen chip makers, consumer electronics companies and one software vendor, Microsoft, have banded together to create a standard for multi-gigabit, short-range wireless networking.
The fledgling wireless technology WiGig passed an important milestone Monday with the official released of the technology's specifications, giving member companies the green light to start building products based on the protocol.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Chromebook is designed to welcome Android apps
- Adobe patches critical vulnerability in ColdFusion application server
- Opening up Z-Wave code may help to make IoT hum
- Acer is betting your pets need gadgets too
- Bang & Olufsen puts a new spin on the portable Bluetooth speaker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCCompliance Officer - ProcurementVIC
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (PC LAN/UNIX) 160908/SITA/901Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCBig Data SpecialistNSW
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/P/743Asia
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCSitecore DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTMobility Developers x 4 (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT