Nintendo is shutting down its video service for the Wii U console less than three years after it began, but few users are lamenting its demise.
Nintendo won't be abandoning hardware or licensing its game titles for use on smartphones, its President Satoru Iwata told analysts in Tokyo.
Nintendo cut the price on its flagship game console and introduced a portable system Wednesday, hoping to spur sales and better position itself for the year-end holiday season.
Nintendo's President said a lack of compelling titles for the Wii U is hurting sales, and promised to improve the console's lineup this year.
Japanese gamemaker Nintendo will combine its hardware teams for portable and home-based consoles, the first major change in its development structure in nearly a decade.
Sales of Nintendo's new Wii U game console appear to be lagging those of its famous predecessor in Japan after its opening weekend, though the company says both sold out and comparisons are largely meaningless.
The original concept for Nintendo's new Wii U game controller?
Amazon.com has released its paid streaming video service on Nintendo's new Wii U console, with a host of titles free to users who subscribe to its Amazon Prime service.
The console and the handheld GamePad in Nintendo's hot-selling Wii U form a special bond, thanks to proprietary smarts that Nintendo and Broadcom developed to drive high Wi-Fi performance.
Nintendo apologized to early buyers of the Wii U for outages on its new online gaming platform, but said sales of its new flagship game console were strong during its global launch Sunday in the U.S.
Nintendo's new game console the Wii U will go on sale in the U.S. Sunday as the company attempts to regain ground from Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's Playstation 3.
Nintendo said Thursday pre-order sales of its new Wii U console are strong and the game is likely to have shortages this holiday season after its launch.
Linus Torvalds released Linux 3.1 Monday and the new feature list is long and wide. Linux 3.1 includes a new iSCSI implementation and support for OpenRISC, Near-Field Communication chips, and -- get this -- Wii controllers.
Nintendo will slash the price of its 3DS handheld gaming device in Japan from mid August.
Japan's console and portable gaming market sank 16 per cent in the first six months of the year as new software failed to make a splash and sales of hardware fell, according to data released on Thursday.
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Before suing Uber, Waymo initiated action against former engineer
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Trump extends Obama executive order on cyberattacks
- Sanbot is the Jill of all trades
- China Oceanwide completes its purchase of IDG
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTAEM Architect - Blue Chip companyNSW
- FTHelpdesk Support - Level 2VIC
- FTDelivery ExecutiveSA
- CCDomino SpecialistVIC
- FTImplementation LeadVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- CCDigital Business ArchitectACT
- FTLinux System AdminstratorQLD
- CCNetwork and Cloud SMENSW
- FTSolution Architect - StorageVIC
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- TPApplication Support EngineerQLD
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCWeb Devops EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- FTCloud Infrastructure Specialist - Azure/AWSNSW
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Data Migration LeadNSW
- TPSAP BA - Source to PayQLD
- TPSenior Performance TesterQLD
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW