Nintendo is shutting down its video service for the Wii U console less than three years after it began, but few users are lamenting its demise.
Nintendo won't be abandoning hardware or licensing its game titles for use on smartphones, its President Satoru Iwata told analysts in Tokyo.
Nintendo cut the price on its flagship game console and introduced a portable system Wednesday, hoping to spur sales and better position itself for the year-end holiday season.
Nintendo's President said a lack of compelling titles for the Wii U is hurting sales, and promised to improve the console's lineup this year.
Japanese gamemaker Nintendo will combine its hardware teams for portable and home-based consoles, the first major change in its development structure in nearly a decade.
Sales of Nintendo's new Wii U game console appear to be lagging those of its famous predecessor in Japan after its opening weekend, though the company says both sold out and comparisons are largely meaningless.
The original concept for Nintendo's new Wii U game controller?
Amazon.com has released its paid streaming video service on Nintendo's new Wii U console, with a host of titles free to users who subscribe to its Amazon Prime service.
The console and the handheld GamePad in Nintendo's hot-selling Wii U form a special bond, thanks to proprietary smarts that Nintendo and Broadcom developed to drive high Wi-Fi performance.
Nintendo apologized to early buyers of the Wii U for outages on its new online gaming platform, but said sales of its new flagship game console were strong during its global launch Sunday in the U.S.
Nintendo's new game console the Wii U will go on sale in the U.S. Sunday as the company attempts to regain ground from Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's Playstation 3.
Nintendo said Thursday pre-order sales of its new Wii U console are strong and the game is likely to have shortages this holiday season after its launch.
Linus Torvalds released Linux 3.1 Monday and the new feature list is long and wide. Linux 3.1 includes a new iSCSI implementation and support for OpenRISC, Near-Field Communication chips, and -- get this -- Wii controllers.
Nintendo will slash the price of its 3DS handheld gaming device in Japan from mid August.
Japan's console and portable gaming market sank 16 per cent in the first six months of the year as new software failed to make a splash and sales of hardware fell, according to data released on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA