Intel Security has released a tool that allows users to check if their computer's low-level system firmware has been modified and contains unauthorized code.
Information about purported CIA cyberattacks was "passed around" among members of the U.S. intelligence community and contractors before it was published by WikiLeaks this week, Julian Assange says.
Two years ago, at the Cisco Live! Conference in Melbourne, as a result of the Snowden Revelations, Cisco revealed that it was going to the extraordinary lengths of shipping its routers to vacant addresses in order to stop government security agents i...
WikiLeaks has attracted plenty of haters over its controversial disclosures. But the site may be in a unique position to help tech vendors better secure their products
WikiLeaks has released more than 8,700 documents it says come from the CIA's Center for Cyber Intelligence, with the documents saying the agency had 24 "weaponized" zero-day exploits for the Android operating system as of 2016.
WikiLeaks claims to have many thousands of sources but does not collaborate with states in the publication of documents, its editorial board said Sunday.
Ecuador's embassy in the U.K. says it alone was responsible for cutting WikiLeak's founder Julian Assange's internet connection, stating that the country doesn't want to interfere with the U.S. elections.
WikiLeaks is accusing U.S. secretary of state John Kerry of trying to stop the site from publishing stolen emails from a Hillary Clinton aide
A "state actor" has cut off internet access for Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, the transparency activist organization said Monday.
U.S. accusations that WikiLeaks is helping Russian hackers influence the upcoming election hasn't phased the controversial website from dumping emails allegedly stolen from a Hillary Clinton aide.
WikiLeaks is promising to release secret documents relating to the U.S. election, at a time when questions are already arising over whether Russian hackers are feeding the site information.
The Swedish Prosecution Authority has dropped the investigation of WikiLeaks front-man Julian Assange for sexual molestation and two unlawful coercion allegations, but it still has a rape allegation to investigate.
WikiLeaks wants to raise US$100,000 to offer as a reward for whoever leaks the full text of the controversial free trade agreement, the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
WikiLeaks front-man Julian Assange has provisionally agreed to be interviewed by police in London, as part of a Swedish investigation into allegations against him of sexual molestation and unlawful coercion, the Swedish prosecutor said Friday.
WikiLeaks publishes stolen Sony info... IBM opens up threat data... China suspends rule on foreign IT vendors... and more tech news
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Three privacy tools that block your Internet provider from tracking you
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- How to transform your smartphone into a real-world Star Trek tricorder
- Uber finally agrees to reveal diversity data
- Twitter considers enhanced version of TweetDeck for professionals
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- FTWeb Data Entry PublisherACT
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- TPSenior SAP Time and Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCTest LeadQLD
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Data Entry PublisherACT
- TPUnix- Technical Support OfficerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- FTProject Manager - Financial Forecasting SystemsNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectSA
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCUser Researcher/Business AnalysisACT
- CCInfrastructure Test Lead - Contract 6-8 wks initially - IT Services - North RydeNSW
- FTSCOM Monitoring and Alerting SpecialistNSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 requiredSA
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCFull-stack Software EngineerNSW
- CCAutomation Test AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst- Digital & agileNSW