PayPal's website was hit late Wednesday by two botnets as online activists continued their Web attacks on companies that have severed their relationships with WikiLeaks.
Dutch authorities arrested a 16-year-old boy on Wednesday in relation to the cyberattacks against Visa, MasterCard and PayPal, which were aimed at punishing those companies for cutting off services to WikiLeaks.
The attacks against MasterCard by WikiLeaks supporters that knocked the credit card company's Web site offline today may have caused more problems than previously thought.
A loosely organized group of Internet hacktivists took down Visa's website Wednesday, after organizing a similar attack on MasterCard.
Daniel Ellsberg, the man responsible for outing the now famous Pentagon Papers in 1971, and a group of ex-intelligence officers have thrown their weight behind WikiLeaks and its founder, saying the current attempt to label WikiLeaks' leaks as trivial...
With all of the hype and furor over WikiLeaks exposing sensitive government documents, it is easy to jump to the conclusion that WikiLeaks is bad, and is obviously doing something wrong. The reality, though, is that WikiLeaks is just a symptom, not t...
WikiLeaks has been experiencing some issues lately ranging from having its Web hosting services shutdown to having its accounts frozen and the flow of money cut off. Some cheer those actions, while others see them as an attack on liberty and free spe...
WikiLeaks' chief spokesman Julian Assange was arrested on Tuesday by U.K. police after turning himself in to authorities and was denied bail later in the day after being deemed a flight risk.
Google's struggles to operate its search engine in China worsened after a high-ranking Chinese official Googled himself only to find "results critical of him," according to a new cable> released by WikiLeaks on Saturday.
WikiLeaks has asked the Web community to open mirror sites so it cannot be downed or censored and said Monday that 355 new sites are already up.
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for WikiLeaks the site loses its URL and online data graphs, hackers continue to attack it, and U.S. Senator Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) is trying to hound the site out of existence. The outrage directed ag...
WikiLeaks appears to be quickly taking steps to reduce its reliance on Internet infrastructure in the U.S. as it battles to keep secret diplomatic cables online while its new French hosting provider is seeking court protection.
WikiLeaks' main website could not be accessed on Friday through its WikiLeaks.org domain name after a subsidiary of Dynamic Network Services terminated its domain name service.
Interpol has issued a so-called "red notice" for Wikileaks' Julian Assange, notifying police around the world that he is wanted for questioning by Swedish prosecutors related to sexual assault accusations.
Amazon has stopped hosting the Wikileaks website, according to U.S. Senator Joe Lieberman, a Connecticut Independent.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantWA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Lotus Notes/PC LAN) 160722/ITA/474Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW